Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is an over 75-year-old family-owned manufacturing company based in SW Ohio. They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality process equipment and systems.
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Scheduling Manager manages the production scheduling activities, including designing and implementing the production schedule, monitoring material inventories and resource constraints, and tracking the progress of production. The Scheduling Manager will regularly communicate cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, and Project Managers to support the needs of the customers.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish inventory management best practices for assigned purchases
- Perform master contract scheduling and oversee routing master and stock parts scheduling.
- Lead the implementation of the MRP (Material Resource Planning) module as part of a currently functioning ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution (Epicor).
- Advise management of underperforming or work center production constraints.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual manufacturing schedules based on resource constraint models.
- Develop reporting to highlight estimate-to-actual trending as well as outlier identification.
- Align with Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate planned equipment maintenance.
- Facilitate the weekly MPS (Master Production Scheduling) meeting.
- Collaborate with the Principal Project Manager in creating the monthly S&OP report.
- Develop streamlined process flows and implement best practices while taking advantage of ERP technology.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Minimum 5 years MRP Planning Experience
- Proven ability to understand manufacturing operations and production flows.
- S&OP Certification preferred
- Strong team player with experience providing constant cross-functional communications (Engineering, Project Managers, Purchasing and Manufacturing) to support customer needs and ongoing customer driven priority changes.
- Microsoft Office, Word and Excel proficiency
- Business Systems expertise with MRP and ERP solutions; Epicor preferred.
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Some flexibility in work hours is needed to assure scheduled customer commitments are achieved.
This is an outstanding organization with a great culture, community involvement and high retention. Our client’s location is within a commutable distance from Northern Cincinnati and the Greater Dayton area.