Senior Accountant - Shared Services
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   December 6, 2018
Ready to further your accounting career at a successful, growing organization that is well respected for its employee friendly environment?
Our Cincinnati-based client was founded in 1964 and is a commercial vehicle maintenance provider with an outstanding 50+ year track record of delivering value to the transportation and service industries. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of service offerings, including customized solutions to support fleets of all sizes and equipment types as well as diesel engines used in fire protection and power generation applications.
The Senior Accountant will utilize their accounting background to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports across finance department functions (including accounting, accounts payable, etc.) and will perform a variety of duties as needed. The role will also participate in special projects as required and be a key member of the finance department team. The position is based in the Cincinnati, Ohio headquarters.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General accounting analysis and journal entry posting, including month-end related responsibilities.
- Helps maintain vendor statement files and general accounts payable files.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting distributions are entered on vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Make sure that all vendor invoices are processed and recorded in a timely manner to ensure that information is reflected in the proper accounting period.
- Investigates vendor inquiries and provides feedback as applicable.
- Complete assigned duties to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial results for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for performing monthly, quarterly and annual accounting requirements, including, but not limited to, journal entries, reconciliations, analysis of activities and variance analysis.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Three to five years’ experience in accounting
- Excede or Made 2 Manage software experience a plus
- Proficient with Excel or other Microsoft Office products
- Strong accounting and reporting skills
- Willing to take on new responsibilities as needed
- Detail-focused, highly analytical orientation
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and hands on approach to solving problems
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Solid understanding of controls
- Able to work well, interact, and communicate in a team environment