Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is an over 75-year-old family-owned manufacturing company based in SW Ohio. They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality process equipment and systems.
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Senior Buyer will develop and execute purchasing/sourcing strategy for assigned commodity groups. The Senior Buyer manages supplier relationships, communication, evaluation, production issues, and evaluates supplier performance.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish inventory management best practices for assigned purchases
- Analyze demand data and develop supply strategies to ensure continuous item availability
- Balance tactical execution with strategic initiatives to drive lowest total cost of ownership
- Drive continuous improvement of workflows to streamline processes and remove non-value-added activities
- Interface with Sales and Engineering on re-sell product configurations, costs and delivery
- Work with Planning, Operations and Inventory Management to resolve stock, scrap and obsolescence issues
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 – 10 years of Procurement experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Metal and metal forming procurement knowledge (Forging, casting, machining, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Ability to identify, develop, analyze, and implement procurement projects
- Ability to maintain control of multiple projects/issues to meet sourcing/delivery milestones
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Office and Outlook)
- Business Systems expertise with ERP solutions (Epicor preferred)
- Financial Acumen
- Understanding of blueprints and technical specifications
- Professional Supply Chain Certification preferred
- Experience managing sub-contracted purchases a plus
- Experience in Structured Strategic Sourcing a plus
This is an outstanding organization with a great culture, community involvement and high retention. This position also comes with career advancement opportunities.
Our client’s location is within a commutable distance from Northern Cincinnati and the Greater Dayton area.