Senior Director of Marketing, Customer Insights & Loyalty
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   May 21, 2017
- Are you ready to develop the marketing strategy for a market leader with strong Cincinnati family roots?
- Are you a collaborative leader who thrives on being part of a dynamic leadership team?
- Are you passionate about the customer experience with demonstrated success in driving brand loyalty?
- Are you a hands-on leader with excellent communication and team engagement skills?
ABOUT UNITED DAIRY FARMERS:
United Dairy Farmers (“UDF”) has been serving the Cincinnati regional area with a commitment to fresh food and dairy products since 1940. They are now operating nearly 200 stores in 3 states. While known for their retail stores,UDF’s business units include wholesale ice cream, manufacturing, real estate, warehousing, transportation and petroleum transportation.
UDF is committed to the customer experience with quality products and great service for people on the go. UDF is not only a convenience retailer, but the parlor is a destination for taking a break with fresh coffee, breakfast, lunch, and their outstanding ice cream which is also sold through grocery channels (wholesale) under the “Homemade” and “UDF” brands.
As a fourth-generation family organization, UDF aspires to be the best convenience retailer in the region, with a keen focus on commitment to quality, growth and being embedded in all local communities that it serves.
UDF is a treasured Cincinnati company and brand. The Senior Director of Marketing will report to the CEO and be well positioned to build on this success.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Strategic marketing plans and execution within retail and wholesale channels
- Direct the strategic planning process for marketing in conjunction with the CEO, CFO, and other Business Leaders
- Lead the creation, definition and development of the marketing strategies and tactics to achieve long and short-term business objectives.
- Execute retail and wholesale strategies, including advertising, promotion, and product introduction - within budget and on time.
- Customer Insights and Customer Loyalty
- Focus on improving the customer experience.
- Expand the “U-Drive” customer loyalty program.
- Leverage customer data to develop actionable insights which drive growth
- Team Leadership
- Communicate the business and marketing strategy to the marketing team and ensure that individual and team performance is aligned with and accountable for overall business objectives.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback and development opportunities to enhance career growth.
- Build the marketing team and develop talent within the group to ensure bench strength for long term succession planning.
- Advertising & Social Media
- Manage the advertising, creative, and marketing partners within retail and wholesale channels.
- Drive content and execution of all social media and website initiatives.
- New Products & Packaging
- Participate in development and introduction of new products and fresh foods in collaboration with manufacturing, R&D, and category management to meet customer needs.
- Provide consumer insights, market, and competitive data to help guide new product strategies.
- Collaborate with creative partners on new product packaging design.
- Performance Metrics
- Develop the process and metrics to monitor performance of all marketing, loyalty, and CRM programs including both quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Achieve defined volume, market share, and profit objectives to drive profitable growth.
- Own the Customer Experience
- Develop meaningful consumer positions for all product lines to add value and communicate product advantages to customers.
- Leverage customer loyalty data providing actionable business insights to all UDF business lines.
- Map all relative touch points in the customer experience, identifying potential gaps and delivering improvements.
- Partner with Learning & Development to introduce key customer and experience programs to UDF associates.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strategic marketing orientation and experience leading and implementing marketing and advertising plans.
- Multi-unit retail, food or C-Store experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or marketing or other 4-year degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Seven to nine years of marketing, advertising, customer experience, CRM, loyalty, & insights experience with 4 – 6 years managing teams (including other managers).
- Experience managing a calendar-based retail marketing plan supported by TV, radio, outdoor and digital advertising as well as point-of-sale displays/signage.
- Customer centric orientation with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and communicate customer insight findings and recommendations.
- Proven track record in assessing the effectiveness/ROI of marketing, customer experience, CRM and digital marketing/content related programs.
- Experience analyzing and using shopper data.
- Ability to create and lead cross functional teams (initiating action, facilitation, planning and organizing, conflict management, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to articulate and present vision or concepts that educate and influence thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven ability to collaborate with key stakeholders across functions and levels.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills are essential.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Previous experience successfully introducing and implementing processes, best practices and operational change initiatives that significantly enhanced capabilities.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office software, including: Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Ability to use Lotus Notes email and database platform.
- Prior experience with CRM based systems, Loyalty platforms and other marketing/customer-based systems.
- Prior experience with social media platforms and social media related marketing/CRM programs
- Lead the marketing direction for a growing regional business with deep roots in the Cincinnati community.
- Work with a dynamic leadership team with a strong commitment to grow and expand the business.
- See the direct impact of your contributions through business and customer loyalty results.
- Develop your team and inspire them to exceed their performance expectations.
- Have fun! (It all comes back to the ice cream!)