Senior HR Manager - Compensation & Benefits
Location:   Dayton. OH
Salary:   $95k - $105k plus bonus opportunity
Last Updated:   September 21, 2018
Our client, LION Group, Inc. is a global leader in the provision of protective gear, uniforms, training equipment, and training centers for firefighters and first responders in all parts of the world. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, LION is a family-owned company that dates back over 120 years. With a foundation of core beliefs and values, LION is committed to keeping first responders and military personnel safer and better prepared through customized protective solutions. LION’s clients are located in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
If you thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic organization where the company’s mission and purpose is to keep people safe, this could be an outstanding opportunity for you.
LION is filling this key member of their Human Resources team in Dayton. The focus of the position will be to build, optimize, and execute a total rewards approach for LION’s 850 employees in the United States, including 670 skilled hourly employees. Working collaboratively with the HR team, external broker, and other benefits vendors, this person will be primarily focused on LION’s benefit plan strategy with the additional responsibility for compensation. LION will soon be starting a project to align its HR Management Systems, so having prior related technical, communications, and change management experience will be essential.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources and work closely with the balance of the HR team. The successful candidate will be as comfortable developing total reward solutions as they are presenting and communicating these plans to employees at all levels of the company. The position will have one direct report (Benefits/HR Administrator) and is part of an HR team of about 10 people.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- An exciting “mission-based” company that, at its core, literally saves lives.
- An expectation to take initiative and develop creative business-oriented reward solutions.
- The opportunity to be part of a strong HR team that works closely together to support the entire organization.
- A family-based atmosphere with a commitment to work/life balance.
- Commitment and support from company and HR leadership to benefits and employee wellness.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree with 5 to 7+ years of benefits and compensation experience (with benefits representing about 70% of the candidate’s focus).
- Partner with VP, HR in the development and implementation of comp & benefits strategy.
- Evaluate and implement partnerships with leading rewards vendors.
- Create and refine benefits administration and audit processes.
- Revise and lead total rewards projects throughout the year, including annual benefit open enrollment, new employee benefit orientation, bonus & merit process, etc.
- Ensure organizational HR compliance with all legal, regulatory and reporting mandates.
- Conduct compensation market analysis.
- Partner with HR business partners, management, and senior leadership, providing compensation recommendations. Design, implement, and administer competitive compensation programs and policies.
- Collect relevant HR data and use HR analytics to draw meaningful conclusions about the organization that can be acted upon by the HR Team and other leaders across the Company.
- A strong communicator who is empathetic and articulate in all communication.
- Adaptive to change and comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborative at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Lead and administer the annual merit and bonus processes.
- Oversee other HR-related projects and tasks as needed.
- Supervise one HR/Benefits Administrator.
Note: The focus of our search will be for candidates in the Dayton/Cincinnati regional area.