Senior Manager, Global Logistics and Fulfillment
Location:   Dayton. OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   March 17, 2018
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain's last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, our client is an extremely fast-growing international company.
Our client is seeking a Senior Manager, Global Logistics and Fulfillment (SMGLF) to join our Operations team in Dayton, Ohio. This position will provide leadership to the Global Logistics and fulfillment Team. The SMGLF will manage all personnel, third parties, and processes for World-Wide Lease Demand Fulfillment, Logistics and Depot Inventory Management. Key responsibilities include maintaining optimum inventory levels at Service Centers and Hubs to insure availability of our leased product lines, managing transportation/service costs and contractual requirements with third party logistics providers. This position will focus on both domestic and global logistic fulfillment needs. The Sr Manager, Global Logistics and Demand Fulfillment will report to the VP of Operations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with executive team to design, implement, and execute a logistics/fulfillment strategy that supports current and future needs of the business (process, people, partners, and technology).
- Develop process improvements including projects to automate and streamline logistics processes
- Analyze historical demand and customer forecast and optimize the restocking of available container inventory at service/depot locations around the world.
- Monitor and maintain RKN/RAP inventory levels to meet on-time shipments of customer orders.
- Establish and manage relationships with 3rd party Logistics Service Providers
- Engage and manage the fulfillment network to ensure performance to SLA’s and on-time delivery
- Manage and mentor direct and indirect subordinates involved in the global fulfillment process
- Provide guidance and problem resolution on international customs issues
- Maintain key metrics to monitor delivery performance for customer orders and RMA shipments
- Allocate, manage and mentor staff resources according to changing needs
- Negotiate costs of transportation and services
- Collaborate with Finance and Operations team in analyzing depot costs, freight costs and inventory investments
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent team leadership, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- 5-7years of direct global logistics experience, 10+ overall
- 5+years direct or indirect (3PL) distribution experience – both domestically and internationally
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills required. Highly desire candidate with experience applying predictive analytics to optimize logistics and global replenishment performance
- Proven ability to apply Lean/Six Sigma tools to drive operational improvements
- Excellent customer service experience. Must have the ability to work with varied internal and external customers and respond to variable customer requirements and demands
- Experience managing 3rd Party Logistics Providers in a global environment
- Strong understanding of international shipping, Inco Shipping Terms and Import/Export compliance
- Persistent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Project management experience and proven expertise in change management
- Proven track record of and experienced in excellent negotiating and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Comfortable and experienced working within a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to travel domestically with occasional International travel as needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)