Senior Project Controls Manager
Location:   Mobile AL, Savannah GA, or Raleigh NC
Salary:   based on experience
LOCATION: Mobile, AL; Savannah, GA, or Raleigh, NC
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation.
The Senior Project Controls Manager will develop, implement and maintain cost controls on engineering projects across Jedson. Reporting to the location’s General Manager , this person will estimate initial baseline performance metrics, determine and monitor the current status of projects, estimate project timing and identify any variances to plan. The incumbent is ultimately responsible for measuring and monitoring controlling variables and estimating costs accordingly.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and oversees project controls for engineering projects across the company.
- Project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review. Estimating experience is a definite requirement.
- Establishes operating policies to mitigate risk.
- Provides guidance and consultation for project managers.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for engineering projects and develops related budgets, policies, and procedures.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex control problems.
- Interact with clients and attend regular meetings as needed.
- Determine impact of design changes and schedule slippages.
- Develop and maintain established standards to exhibit schedule and plan hierarchy and inform project and company management.
- Recommend and customize project control systems to satisfy project requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate cross functionally in a positive and professional manner.
- Determine significant irregularities, trends and variances and suggest corrective action.
- Gather inputs and update standard management reports.
- Coordinate with project management staff to ensure project objectives and timelines.
- Identify construction and maintenance costs on materials, equipment and labor.
- Create, review and manage project schedules to identify progress, lead times and project sequences.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in a related engineering field with MBA preferred.
- 10 – 15+ years of related experience project controls experience in an engineering or construction industry.
- Typical experience ranges from 15 - 20 years.
- Strong technology skills to include Microsoft Projects and Primavera.
- Demonstrated expertise in the concepts of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Scheduling, Estimating, and Earned Value.
- Supports operations from the acquisition of new work through project execution and closeout, including staffing and overseeing projects
- Responsible for providing technical and administrative direction, coordination, evaluation, training, and coaching to the Project
- Analyzes variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan and communicates the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to Project Management.
- Leads proposal efforts for cost scheduling activities and interprets contract conditions to ensure compliance
- Responsible for development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed