Senior Property Accountant
Location:   Cincinnati, OH/Northern Kenutcky
Our client is a leading multi-faceted real estate focused investment company with a national footprint and significant investments in the Cincinnati and Denver metro areas. The company has a 50-year legacy of designing, developing, constructing and operating real estate assets of the highest quality. The company’s track record includes a diverse mix of investment in and development of over 100 build-to-suit office and industrial projects, over 40 full service and select service hotels, business parks, and luxury residential properties.
The company has made the decision to bring in-house the management of their properties. As such, they are seeking a Senior Property Accountant to set up the related processes and technology needed for this function and run the property accounting for the portfolio. This role will report to the Corporate Controller.
The Property Accountant will perform the day-to-day accounting and financial processes related to assigned properties while also preparing variance analyses, forecasts and budgets. This position is responsible for the accounting of real estate assets. The position is generally responsible for the closing the books and records for approximately 25-30 properties and all ancillary accounting related to these assets.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation of Yardi Voyager. Become expert in the use and operation of this system.
- Assist in setting up all related processes, procedures, and reports needed to bring property accounting in house.
- Prepare the monthly financial statements and variance analysis for multiple entities with accuracy and within a very quick timeframe.
- Complete all monthly account reconciliations for cash, receivables, payables, accruals, and lender obligations/Assist with the annual budget process.
- Work with the Accounting Specialist to resolve issues with posting cash receipts and researching outstanding balances. Ensure Accounts Payable is properly entered, coded and approved.
- Ensure expenses are properly recorded.
- Perform lease administration in the accounting software.
- Prepare and complete the annual reconciliation of CAM, insurance and real estate taxes.
- Work with the Property Manager/s to prepare and manage the annual property budgets, forecasting for any significant changes, variance analysis and enforcement of the financial elements of the tenant leases, utility expense and recovery calculations and rent statement back up.
- Implement sound cash management practices, balance property check registers, ensure variance analysis explanations are accurate, assist in the quarterly and annual reporting processes, and perform annual CAM analysis.
- Work independently and be able to work with all levels of the organization across all departments
- Represent the Company in a professional manner, maintaining a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with tenants, coworkers, and the general public
- Work on special projects that will surface from time to time.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years of accounting experience in the Real Estate Industry
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel
- Yardi Software experience
- Be conscientious about achieving deadlines/has accurate work product.
- Assume accountability for specific performance.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Detail oriented and very analytical and strong organizational skills