Supervisor, Council on Aging
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
THE OPPORTUNITY: Join the mission-driven team at Council on Aging, where no matter your role, you are valued as an integral part of our work improving quality of life and promoting independence for older adults and people with disabilities in our community.
- Want to work with one of the fastest growing populations in the United States?
- Have a desire to improve outcomes, promote independence and enhance quality of life for individuals of all ages?
- Want to work for an organization whose mission and values you believe in, and where you are respected and valued as an employee?
If your answer is yes, then Council on Aging has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for you.
ABOUT COUNCIL ON AGING:
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence; dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Our mission: Enhance people’s lives by assisting them to remain independent at home through a range of quality services.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide medical supervision and oversight along with monitoring of performance and contractual compliance. Provides performance management and coaching. Provides guidance and oversight of medically complex, high risk cases.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Serve as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems
- Provide guidance, education and oversight for medically complex cases
- Develop medical protocols
- Analyze cases for potential health and safety risks. Provide feedback and support to staff and ensure appropriate actions are taken and follow up is completed
- Respond to emergencies and assist as necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring employees’ performances activities and consulting with manager on findings.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, quality standards and contractual commitments.
- Conduct random reviews
- Identify staff training, developmental needs, and opportunities for improvement.
- Keep Manager inform of issues and team needs in a proactive way
- Create and revise policies and procedures
- Conduct regular 1:1 supervision with staff that includes discussion around current performance and areas where support is needed. Supervisor will utilize tools such as performance dashboards, chart reviews etc. to help guide conversations.
- Provide real-time feedback on staff performance
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Schedule and/or participate in case conferences with staff members
- Responsible for initiating quality improvements, problem resolutions and innovations
- Bachelor’s degree and Ohio licensed Registered Nurse in good standing with the credentialing board.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of issues related to the aging and disabled population.
- Knowledge of the individual, family, medical, social and the individuals functioning in the aging process.
- Willing to try new approaches.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and teamwork skills.
- Proficient computer skills including the Windows operating systems, MS Word, MS Excel, data entry and the ability to learn new software applications as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel within the five southwestern counties serviced by COA (Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clinton and Clermont) as well as Green and Montgomery counties.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience in medical field and one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve.