Supply Chain Analyst
Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
From the frontiers of pharmaceutical and biomedical research, to the front lines of disaster relief and conflict, and throughout the cold chain's last mile, our client’s active and passive cold chain solutions ensure that temperature-sensitive goods arrive unadulterated and with their efficacy fully intact. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, our client is an extremely fast-growing international company.
The Supply Chain Analyst plays a key role in the continuous improvement of the company’s supply chain and lean manufacturing activities. The Supply Chain Analyst will collect, analyze and report data to help improve the organization's supply chain activities and will have the responsibility of monitoring inventory stock levels, resource planning, procurement related metrics, customer trends and supplier relationships.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports and/or drives Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP or SIOP) as well as supports Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Supply Chain Operating Systems (SCOS) initiatives and activities per guidance from plant management and corporate Supply Chain.
- Prepares Procurement related reports for management as required in support of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or Targets-To-Improve (TTIs).
- Analyzes, formats and uploads customer forecasts into ERP system.
- Assists sales and other buyers with corrective action as to why shortages have occurred.
- Assists planning in analyzing customer trends resulting from demand plan to develop a long-range capacity plan.
- Monitors, analyzes and modifies ERP configuration strategies to optimize balance of inventory and customer service levels.
- Works with accounting on slow-moving analysis and recommends actions and activities to minimize slow moving accumulation. Follows up on action items assigned through factory.
- Supports senior management with procurement related metrics and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Effectively contributes to any program changes to ERP system.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical preferred).
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first 3 modules of APICS certification program (or equivalent) within two years of employment is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) of progressive experience in professional Materials position(s) is desired. Cable and electronic component purchasing experience desired.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers, and employees. Portrays a positive and professional image. Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to job-related situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems (SAGE a plus), as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
- Computer skills – General MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are mandatory; advanced skills in MS Office including MS-Access are beneficial.