Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Last Updated:   May 18, 2018
POSITION TITLE: SVP Controller / Treasurer
Our client is a leading multi-faceted real estate focused investment company with a national footprint and significant investments in the Cincinnati and Denver metro areas. The company has a 50-year legacy of designing, developing, constructing and operating real estate assets of the highest quality. The company’s track record includes a diverse mix of investment in and development of over 100 build-to-suit office and industrial projects, over 40 full service and select service hotels, business parks, and luxury residential properties.
The SVP will have managerial oversight of all accounting, financial reporting, tax compliance, internal controls, budgetary control, cash management and reporting, financial statement preparation, annual audit, information technology, insurance programs, operational and ad hoc financial analyses. Reporting to the CFO they will manage a current team of 6 with the understanding that the group will grow and change along with the business needs.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All accounting and reporting, including without limitation:
- Consolidating multiple real estate and operating subsidiaries (40 + free standing single asset entities)
- Consolidating approximately 6 operating companies as well as tracking intercompany notes/payables/receivables. This includes reporting provided by third party asset managers
- Current value accounting as well as GAAP accounting
- Job cost activity, accumulation, billing, and drawing collection
- Preparation of annual business plan/operating budgets and monthly variance reports.
- All record keeping, protection, organizing, storage both internal and external.
- Oversight of all loan draws and billings
- Federal, state, and local income tax planning and compliance
- Maintaining all fixed asset records
- Strategic research, data collection and planning in support, cooperation, and participation on Corporate Strategies.
- Analytical analysis, research, underwriting, and proformas for select investments and other supporting services to executives for purposes of financing and investment.
- Consolidating of rental and investment property and various operating entities, including family sports clubs and restaurant venues.
- All cash and cash flow tracking, forecasting and management including supervision of controls and safeguards.
- All human resource functions for setting policy and procedures, administering and managing vacation, employee programs, and payroll related compliance and filings. This refers to the management company of 20-40 employees. The SVP is also expected to serve as an advisor to the HR functions of owned entities and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- All insurance programs including annual bidding, supervision, including liability, property/casualty, and health care (currently administered by Humana).
- All internal systems, including information technology. There is an IT professional that will report to this role.
- Constructing the accounting departmental organization, recruiting and training as appropriate.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance , Masters/MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a related field, with at least 5 years in a senior controllership type role or equivalent.
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience in Timberline, other systems helpful