Technical Support Manager
Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Protecting vital life science products from temperature changes during transport can mean the difference between life and death and our client is the true partner in cold chain packaging. They are industry leaders with innovative, best-in-class temperature-management packaging solutions offering the most reliable protection against temperature excursions. Headquartered in South Dayton, Ohio, our client is an entrepreneurial, high-growth market leader with international operations.
Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Support Manager to manage the technical support team and activities for the active and passive temperature-controlled products. Reporting to the Director of Global Services, this position will manage the repair, modification, retrofit, scheduled maintenance and technical customer support activities for all products.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all activities related to Technical Support of the active temperature-controlled product line including working closely with global service center partners and fielding calls from partners and customers.
- Ensures all service and repairs performed on the products are accomplished in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Manages the technical support team ensuring a high level of customer support is provided to operators, customers and service center partners.
- Monitors and manages global service center product flow so that equipment is repaired in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost to ensure availability and high utilization of assets.
- Manages the support and investigation of customers’ reported excursions and incidents with active temperature-controlled products.
- Documents product anomalies and assists the Quality and Engineering departments in the identification of the root cause and identifying possible solutions.
- Manages all technical requests from internal and external customers and provides necessary 24/7 technical assistance to resolve customer issues.
- Provides resources for onsite customer and service center training as required.
- Manages the creation and updating of troubleshooting, training material and Service Information Letters to support all active products.
- Manages and tracks the maintenance and mandatory service scheduling of active products to ensure that all activities are performed prior to their expiration date and that the service record of the containers is updated.
- Manages the internal review of service center work orders for accuracy and completeness and issues approval to proceed.
- Works closely with and supports customer service team members.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree preferred with a technical management background and 7-10 years of experience
- Experience with electrical control, battery charging systems, and refrigeration systems
- Experience with FAA, aerospace or a related industry preferred
- Knowledge and experience reading and writing technical documentation (engineering drawings, CMM, IPC, etc.)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage constantly changing workload and multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Professional demeanor, tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers under stressful conditions.
- Must possess analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and to set and maintain schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possess a valid passport or ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Occasional travel required