Vice President Independent Contractor Relations
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience + bonus potential
- Are you looking for an opportunity to join the leadership team of a rapidly growing market leader?
- Do you thrive in a fast paced, results-focused entrepreneurial culture?
- Can you think outside-the -box to create new solutions and programs to drive business results?
- Can you attract and develop talent to serve new customers and markets?
At Priority Dispatch, “Your priority is our priority”. Founded in 1973 in Cincinnati, Ohio Priority Dispatch is one of the strongest and fastest growing delivery and logistic service providers in the Midwest, focused on last mile deliveries of critical goods to their clients.
Integral to their success is the fleet of 1000+ independent contractor drivers that choose to affiliate with Priority. Superior customer service, professionalism, and operational excellence is what sets Priority Dispatch apart from their competitors.
Priority is looking to fill a new leadership position-VP Independent Contractor Relations. This role is responsible for all aspects of the Independent Contractor fleet from recruiting, onboarding, training, compliance, driver relations and retention. This position is responsible for meeting and exceeding the needs of their Independent Contractors to build a culture that supports the rapid growth of the company.
Reporting to the President, the VP position requires a dynamic leader who is organized, driven and brings their energy to the job every day to lead a focused team and contribute as a key member of the senior leadership group.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the independent contractor recruiting strategy for Priority by building the company brand and utilizing referrals, networking, traditional and social media.
- Manage a team of remote recruiters to ensure the recruiting strategy is executed and reinforce the company’s value proposition.
- Develop the screening and interview process and certification of contractors and vehicles.
- Develop and enhance the contractor on-boarding / orientation program.
- Create independent contractor training and resources to help contractors be as successful as possible –education on contractor rights, tax implications, insurance/legal needs, etc.
- Develop tools and processes to communicate and share best practices and other information with 1000+ remote contractors.
- Serve (along with the recruiters) as the main point of contact for independent contractors to maintain relationships, enhance driver satisfaction, and increase retention.
- Consult with the leadership team on business decisions that affect the independent contractor model and workforce—such as new and changing service offerings, entering into new markets, etc.
- Identify and recommend software packages and other tools that would increase efficiency and support contractors in their day to day duties.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert on compliance, legal, and ethical contracting practices, stay abreast of relevant laws and keep the management team informed of potential impacts to the company model. Lead the compliance manager in compliance matters.
- Develop and implement programs to monitor and ensure compliance with applicable company, Federal, State, and local laws, as well as regulations from other applicable agencies.
- Travel to delivery centers as needed to build positive relationships with recruiters and independent contractors. Find ways to strengthen the culture and contractor’s relationship with Priority Dispatch.
- Exercise professional judgement and diplomatic approach to issue management and resolution.
- Contribute as a member of the senior leadership team to all strategic planning and company growth discussions.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant field
- Five-plus years of management experience in logistics or a related field
- Experience with 1099/independent contractors and related compliance issues
- Responsibility for recruiting, talent development, and related human resource functions a plus
- Responsibility for sales and customer service teams a plus
- Track record of managing a growing team through a period of rapid expansion in multiple geographic markets
- aMotivated to find solutions through good listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong financial acumen and ability to develop and manage proformas and budgets
- Experience working with software solutions that improve business performance.
- Ability to travel to delivery centers as needed
- Effective interpersonal communication skills – oral and written – with an ability to interact with people across all levels of the organization from drivers to the CEO
- Work with a committed, passionate leadership team and staff
- Create innovative programs that contribute directly to the success of the business
- Have a seat at the table for all key company decisions
- Enjoy professional and financial growth