Vice President Sales & Marketing
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
In business for over 30 years, our client is located in northern Cincinnati and is a family-owned and family-oriented company with a strong continued emphasis on living their core values. The company is built on a culture of quality, innovation and excellence and live by their core values of Collaboration, Grit, Growth Mindset, Innovation, Ownership, and Passion for a Better World. These values guide how they treat each other, their customers, and how they tackle their work. They are continuously looking at innovation, sustainability and continuous improvement initiatives to foster strategic growth into new markets. Starting in 1985 as a small envelope company, with the help of a dedicated innovation team, our client is actively entering new markets in the packaging industry with a sales-focused approach.
As a new addition to the Executive Team, the VP Sales and Marketing will have a primary focus of driving sales growth. The role will require a combination of strong technical solution selling skills (consultative) with strong marketing and business development skills. The VP Sales and Marketing will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the company’s product and innovation offering, making sure all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic objectives. This position will lead the sales, marketing, and innovation teams in developing and implementing cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its long-term sales objectives.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the Executive Team, help to chart a course for the organization that recognizes and supports the company’s Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Deliver overall top line revenue growth
- Ensure collaboration with customers and prospects to identify and understand their problems and drive the development of solutions through our innovation process.
- Drive improvement of the performance of all key accounts.
- Further develop and expand marketing and branding capabilities.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to deploy the company’s capabilities to new customers and markets.
- Understand customer needs and recommend the addition of new manufacturing capabilities to increase value to their customers.
- Improve forecasting model/process for sales forecasting process.
- Develop incentive plans to promote business growth.
- Identify and proactively determine optimal organizational structure of the commercial group (Sales, Marketing, Innovation).
- Coach and develop team members.
- Communicate to create clarity and alignment with team.
- Design roles on team, assign accountabilities, and delegate decision authorities.
- Establish and review team priorities, including KPI accountability metrics.
- Identify and drive improvements in the commercial team’s engagement, retention, and productivity.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Business or related field; MBA preferred
- 8 – 10 years in a Senior Sales/Marketing Development Leadership role with proven record of solid business accomplishments
- Executive experience and presence
- Experience with Consultative Sales
- Excellent change leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Established track record for leadership/management skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Direct experience in planning, conducting and leading high-level negotiations
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of industry business practices
- Strong relationship management expertise
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management experience
- Excellent PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to embrace, facilitate, and drive change through the operations
Note: This position requires travel of approximately 50%.