Vice President / Market Leader - EPCm Business Units
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   six figures based on experience
For almost 30 years our client has provided full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers within pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets. With offices in Cincinnati, Savannah, Mobile and Raleigh, our client enjoys a superb reputation stemming from its culture which is solution-oriented, entrepreneurial and devoid of bureaucracy.
Our client seeks an experienced professional to lead its nationwide EPC business development efforts within one of the following segments: pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product or food & beverage markets . The successful candidate will shape the vertical “go to market” strategy and marshal resources in a strong “team” environment. This individual will be directly responsible for lead generation, prospect cultivation, proposal management, contract closing and account guardianship. The VP will report to the Corporate Executive Vice President.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the given vertical segment, the VP will be primarily responsible for:
- Winning profitable business from new and existing clients, and
- Managing and executing a client centered (i.e. solution oriented) sales process to burnish our client’s reputation as a value-added partner.
The sales process entails establishing prospect / client needs, qualifying prospects, working with engineering and other internal resources to effectively communicate value and working with internal teams to prepare pricing and contracts. The VP will coordinate with Marketing to develop / augment industry collateral and will be responsible for understanding competitor capabilities and returning market intelligence on how competitors are viewed and utilized by clients and prospects.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate must have:
- A deep understanding of engineering services and/or construction (at least 10 yrs. experience),
- A successful track record of selling engineering or construction management services to one of the listed vertical markets, and
- Current and relevant contacts among prospects and existing clients in specific vertical market
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or have an extensive track record of experience selling for any established engineering firm,
- Be results-oriented, proactive and confident,
- Evidence excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral),
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of target client needs, and
- Possess a sincere desire and ability to work within a team environment (and a history of having done so).