HR Generalist / Business Partner
Location:   Dayton OH
Salary:   based on experience
(Hybrid work approach available)
POSITION: HR Generalist / Business Partner – 2J Supply Company
LOCATION: Dayton, OH (Hybrid work approach available)
WHO WE ARE:
Celebrating their 60th year in business, 2J Supply Company is a growing, family-owned Wholesale Distributor of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, they have 11 Branches across four states with over 150 employees. 2J supplies Residential HVAC Contractors with a full selection of equipment, exceptional service, technical support, job site delivery and HVAC training - ultimately giving the homeowner the comfort they expect.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this person will provide HR support to their Corporate, Field Sales and Branch Operations teams. The role will be based at the Corporate Office in Dayton, OH but some days could work in their Cincinnati location. A hybrid arrangement to work from home and the office is also an option. The incumbent will have the passion and commitment to support a culture emphasizing 2J’s Core Values and Employee and Customer Experience. This is called simplythe “2J Way:” The foundation of their success is to treat every employee the way they expect them to treat their customers in return.
- Work with managers and business leaders to deliver a positive Employee Experience. This may be through training, onboarding, progressive benefits, recognition, and communication. New and creative ideas are encouraged!
- Identify and support the Training and Development of their teams. It’s considered a competitive advantage for 2J to invest in their employees and prepare them for ongoing career development.
- Align business objectives with employee needs and understand the requirement to balance competing priorities.
- Makes decisions independently and coaches others through difficult situations. Identifies ways to build trust and reach mutually beneficial results, ensuring outcomes can be consistently applied in the future.
- Support and manage various safety programs, including but not limited to reporting and tracking of safety matters, training and certifications, annual MVR audits and DOT Compliance.
- Facilitate and train leaders in performance and talent management through goal setting, communicating expectations, measuring success, rewarding performance. You’ll help to manage annual performance review process, including succession planning and identifying top performers.
- Collaborate with Branch Teams and Talent Acquisition Specialist to support the recruitment of the best talent to join the growing 2J team.
- Staying current on Compensation and Benefit strategies to ensure that 2J is competitive in the market, support annual renewal process, annual merit review process, answer benefit questions and process changes as needed. Train as a secondary payroll administrator.
- Maintain metrics and reporting as needed for compliance and ongoing tracking.
- Serve as a primary and trusted resource for the 2J team in response to policy inquiries, data administration, leave administration, special projects, and general support.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3 - 5+ years of HR experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with Change Management principles preferred
- 1+ year managing safety programs, preferably in a DOT environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings and training needs
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and payroll, Paycor preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analyze data and provide analysis in an easily understood format
- This position requires up to 10% travel to their Branch locations.