Accounting & Finance Practice Leader/Executive Recruiter - Gilman Partners
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your accounting, finance, consulting, and/or business experience in a different way?
- Would you enjoy working in a small business with a big impact that is investing in its future?
Gilman Partners is an executive search, talent acquisition, and leadership development firm with a mission to strengthen leadership teams and elevate the talent in our communities. For 40 years, clients have trusted us to help them find, attract, and recruit top talent and our leadership development program, GP Elevate, helps prepare high-potential leaders for executive roles. With more than 100 searches each year and a team of 20 accomplished professionals, we’re the largest retained executive search firm based in the Greater Cincinnati market.
Gilman Partners is seeking a recruiter to lead and help execute projects to identify, source, and assess candidates for finance and accounting search assignments in a wide variety of industries.
The right candidate will help us lead the Finance & Accounting Practice that works with our clients to add CFOs, Controllers, finance leaders and other related high-impact positions to their organizations.
In addition, this individual, will have the opportunity to participate in and lead search assignments in areas other than accounting and finance.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bring a depth of technical accounting/finance knowledge to the GP team and to our clients to build credibility and add expertise within the accounting/finance practice.
- Work in partnership with our Partners and/or experienced recruiters and our Candidate Experience Team to execute successful searches.
- Act as a consultant to our clients providing thought leadership and insight on the candidate market, salary ranges, recruiting process, etc.
- Demonstrate a constant drive to meet new people and develop additional relationships. Actively attend and participate in various events with the intention of meeting and developing relationships with potential clients and candidates within our target markets.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop qualified candidates by networking and building strong relationships with referral sources, developing an active LinkedIn and social media presence.
- Determine candidates’ qualifications and company fit by conducting phone/Zoom/in-person interviews, analyzing responses, and comparing qualifications to job requirements, etc.
- Understand and apply behavioral interviewing and other reliable assessment tools in evaluating candidates.
- Assist clients throughout the entire interview process by scheduling interviews, providing materials, performing reference checks, and making offers.
- Assist in recruiting participants to take part in GP Elevate, the firm’s executive leadership development program.
- Working with our partner team, you will be expected to introduce Gilman Partners to your network and assist in identifying new business opportunities
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required, CPA helpful.
- 5+ years of experience as a Controller, VP or Director of Finance, CFO, or employee of a public accounting firm.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization in an authentic and professional way
- A track record of doing what’s right (as opposed to what’s easy) for clients and colleagues
- A low ego and the willingness to jump in and help out the team however necessary
- A commitment to helping organizations make their workforce more diverse and inclusive
- A positive attitude that looks for solutions instead of problems; the ability to recognize and celebrate the contributions of others on the team
- A strong professional network in the greater Cincinnati, OH area is very desirable
- Have an impact on building the leadership teams within our regions’ middle market, privately held, and nonprofit organizations
- Become a teammate and significant contributor to Cincinnati’s top executive search, talent acquisition and leadership development firm
- Be part of Gilman Partners’ commitment to helping our clients and other organizations build a more diverse and inclusive workforce