ADVICS North America - Sourcing Director
Location:   Lebanon OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the Sourcing and Purchasing function for a leading North American manufacturer in Cincinnati?
- Are you a strategic Sourcing leader with experience mentoring and developing a team?
- Would you enjoy working in a people-centric culture on the forefront of automotive brake technology?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ADVICS is a values-driven manufacturer of brake calipers, electronic stability control units, and electric parking brakes for over 20 different vehicles for many of the world’s leading auto manufacturers. With over 2,000 experienced and dedicated team members across 5 locations, including Mexico, the company’s vision is to improve the quality of life through the evolution of vehicle safety. ADVICS is continuing to grow, adding more Team Members, and producing new, technology-leading brake system products in a world-class manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Planning, the Sourcing Director is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the Corporate Procurement Process of direct materials within North America. With a team of 11 people, this position will play a strategic role in the localization and purchase of raw materials to ensure a steady and ready supply of high-quality products and raw materials within North America. The Sourcing Director will:
- Plan, manage, and coordinate the work activity of staff within the Sourcing department including Managers, Sourcing Specialists, and/or administrative personnel.
- Develop and oversee ADVICS Group sourcing and purchasing initiatives including supply strategies and commodity strategies that will improve and expand supplier base/pipeline.
- Responsible for purchasing across four manufacturing locations in Ohio, Indiana, Georgia, and Mexico.
- Develop long term and annual OE materials budget and monitor actual results against budget.
- Establish long term and annual cost reduction targets to be achieved by purchasing staff. Facilitate activities with other departments such as design engineering or quality engineering that support long term cost reduction goals.
- Ensure procedures are in place and followed to confirm purchased product and supplier conformance to company procedures and other specific requirements as deemed necessary by the company and per IATF16949 requirements.
- Interface with customers on supply issues negotiating business agreements that create mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Oversee supplier’s ability to resolve problems which impact the quality and/or delivery of products, and the systems that are in place to support these efforts, including working with suppliers to optimize inventory levels, order quantities and logistics.
- Create material cost forecasts to evaluate future business opportunities for group companies.
- Establish and build long term relationships with suppliers to achieve mutually beneficial goals for both parties, managing conflict as necessary.
- Manage and review Master Agreements between the supplier and ADVICS.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a related field;
- 10+ years of related, progressive management experience and/or training; Automotive background preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Involvement and influence with every ADVICS supplier.
- Proficiently use Microsoft products including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Provide appropriate guidance, coaching, and development to the sourcing team.
- Collaborate with functional peers at corporate headquarters in Japan including periodic evening calls.
- Work closely with Sales, Quality, and Program Management.
- Understanding of design prints, including the ability to understand and apply basic geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cost analysis and Return on Investment.
- Expert ability to gather, analyze and establish spend baselines as a starting point for each sourcing process.
- Strong administrative, analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process technology, metal castings, stamping, and quality principals and applications.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High energy level
- Sincere, genuine, authentic
- Collaborative and data driven
- Takes initiative and builds consensus
- Low ego – willing to work where the need is
- Persuasive in presenting ideas and effective in negotiation, influencing, delivering business presentations, coaching, counseling to engender confidence and credibility
- Ability to interface across all levels of the company
- Have a direct and daily influence on the success of the organization.
- Join a business with a strong focus on people and community involvement.
- The opportunity to lead the Sourcing function for a great local company.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.