Ahaus Tool and Engineering, Inc. - Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location:   Richmond IN
Salary:   $80,000 - $100,000 (based on experience)
- Do you want to work with a proven company that has grown successfully over decades because of their commitment to their team and innovation?
- Are you excited about being part of a family-owned business that is creative, supportive and collaborative?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ahaus Tool and Engineering has stood the test of time through the past 75 years by being innovative, supportive and a top employer in their industry. They specialize in designing and building Automation, Custom Manufacturing Equipment, and Workholding Fixtures. They also provide Prototype, Short Run and Precision Machining services. Their customers are in the construction, medical, aerospace, consumer products, automotive, and power generation fields.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Creates concepts, designs, details and engineering simulations for special automated equipment, tooling, dies, molds and fixtures.
- Application of design techniques utilizing knowledge of several mechanical elements including powered prime movers, conveyors & material handling, transmission components, vision systems, electrical devices, electrical sensors, and electrical instruments.
- Application of design expertise in the following specific areas preferred: automation, hydraulic & manual workholding fixtures, milling, turning & gauging workholding fixtures, heat exchanger core assembly equipment, crimping equipment & dies, models & corrugation equipment, gauges, multi-station systems, functional test equipment and standalone equipment.
- Utilize engineering acumen in the following disciplines: GD&T dimensioning techniques, engineering technologies including safety & ergonomics, industrial engineering techniques, manufacturing technologies, and controls engineering techniques.
- Select purchased components to incorporate into designs
- Create technical documentation for equipment operation designed for instruction manuals as required
- Redline & revise drawings
- Create sequence of events and powered elements charts
- Engage in debug and development activities
- Work within quality system parameters as required
- Communicate with team members and managers to receive instructions and coordinate activities
- Utilize ERP system (Epicor)
- Engage in assisting junior or mid-level designers in their development of engineering skills while partnering on projects
- Assume a lead designer role on projects, coordinating and leading multiple designers simultaneously
- Engage in continuous improvement activities
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred OR
- Associates degree/Vocational experience in Mechanical Engineering Technology and supporting experience.
- Completion of apprenticeship in engineering and manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Automation Systems
- Product Design
- Mechanical Assembly
- Professional satisfaction and challenge while working cooperatively with ownership, leadership, and peers.
- Work with a company that has an outstanding reputation in both their industry and community with the opportunity to growth with your talents.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with an extremely successful company that has a great balance of innovation, growth, and employee engagement. They are primed for significant growth and are excited to grow their engineering talent.
Jenny Caccimelio, Executive Recruiter