Applications Engineer/CMM Programmer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Based in Northern Cincinnati, our client has been in business for over 35 years and operates a state of the art 200,000 sq. ft. facility. Because of their focus on customer service and quality standards, they have grown to provide a full scope of manufacturing services for the gas turbine and aerospace industries. Our client sets the industry standard by providing highly engineered, complex components and assemblies for aircraft engine, airframes and land based industrial gas turbines.
The Applications Engineer/CMM Programmer will assist the Manufacturing and Engineering/Executive Staff by providing technical information using CMM programming and operating skills to assure product quality inspection of first article, regular production and re-run machined parts. They are subject-matter experts who take direction from the Engineering Manager and give others in area task specific instructions while sometimes performing the same duties as area workers. Must be a team player, professional and be willing to interface with customer’s engineering staff, as well as lead and train operators in the shop floor environment. This position has the possibility to include supervision responsibilities if the right candidate desires this move in their career.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or AS degree preferred, with experience in a machine tool environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including milling, grinding, turning, EDM, WEDM, in addition to knowledge of hot section turbine components preferred.
- Must have 3D CAD experience; Siemens NX a plus.
- Experience with Zeiss CMM’s required. Wenzel and Mitutoyo CMM’s a plus.
- Ability to influence others positively in order to achieve positive work results.
- Demonstrated business understanding with knowledge of how the functions of a business work and relate to one another.
- Plan, organize and monitor work of self and others
- Communicate effectively at all levels with external and internal customers.
- Balance organizational and individual needs.
- At least 3 years of experience programming and running equipment in a manufacturing or quality environment required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of GD&T, blueprint reading skills as well as experience working with complex parts.
Our client has a strong reputation within their industry for employee satisfaction. They have a strong history of steady growth and are looking for a talented individual to help continue that growth.
Note: Due to their government contracts, US Citizenship is required.