Director, Revenue Cycle Management
Location:   Louisville, KY
Salary:   based on experience
Are you an experienced financial manager in the healthcare industry specializing in
Revenue Cycle Management?
Are you motivated by a mission-driven clinical organization serving
children with special needs?
Associates in Pediatric Therapy (APT) is a therapeutic clinic providing services for children with special needs in Metro Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Erlanger and Southern Indiana. APT was founded in October 2007 and are proud to have over 175 employees and growing. APT focuses on opening clinics in rural areas so children may receive the quality of services they need closer to their home. Their mission is to advance patients to the next therapeutic level. APT was also recently voted to the list of Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 3 years running!
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day functions of the revenue cycle department in accordance with current generally accepted accounting and cost reimbursement principles related to health care. This person will lead a team of 10 Billing and Authorization Specialists.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Revenue Cycle Management team by meeting weekly and interacting daily with them.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing and processing of cash receipts.
- Minimizes bad debt and manages overall health of accounts receivable
- Prepares and monitors financial reports, provides analysis as needed to CEO or CFO
- Manages E H R catalogs and schedules
- Recruit and interview candidates as needed
- Staff oversite for insurance follow-ups, denial appeals and billing inquiry workflows
- Meet with Revenue Cycle Management team weekly to ensure progress on billing and collection goals are achieved
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern the accounting functions of the facility
- Ensures APT compliance with all state and federal billing and collection practices
- Maintain and update APT billing manual and process and assist in balancing of accounts receivable as necessary
- Serve as APT liaison with third party credentialing company
- Attend monthly, quarterly and annual leadership team meetings
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 5+ years of electronic billing and accounts receivable experience in a related healthcare/clinical field, and 3+ years of staff management/leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret patient financial accounts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
NOTE: Candidates are currently being considered in the Greater Louisville regional area only.