Arrow Electric - President
Location:   Louisville KY
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have the chops to lead and further develop an experienced and engaged senior management team?
- Are you a change agent who listens first and builds relationships to achieve results?
- Would you leverage your contracting experience to support vertical business leaders, instill best practices and enhance operational efficiencies?
This is a unique opportunity to lead an established, progressive electrical contractor with an excellent reputation. The opportunity arises because the current President will assume CEO responsibility for Arrow Electric and a sister company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than 60 years, Arrow Electric has been a valued business partner offering comprehensive electrical services to industrial, construction and transportation infrastructure clients. They have earned the reputation as a quality single-source provider that delivers innovative solutions for both the everyday and more complex challenges — all backed by their superior service, expert workmanship, and impeccable safety record.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The President is responsible for leading the company’s operational activities, including development of the strategic plan with the CEO, deployment of the strategy, and the realization of its goals. Leading a team of 160 employees across four verticals, the President will:
Strategic Planning and Attainment
- Develop and maintain Measures of Success (MOS) to track the progress of the strategic initiatives.
- Communicate the strategic plan and initiatives to all employees.
- Help the team by removing obstacles.
- Develop the annual financial plan/budget consistent with the strategic plan.
- Develop KPI’s and maintain the performance scorecard.
- Conduct periodic business reviews with the leadership team to assure the tactical plans and strategic initiatives are being executed according to expectations.
- Be available and visible to the whole organization to review project progress, interact with team members, and provide feedback.
- Foster and promote productive, long-term relationships with customers.
- Maintain constructive relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Manage the company’s financial performance to achieve the planned financial goals.
- Anticipate financial challenges and develop countermeasures to mitigate impact.
- Collaborate with the CFOto develop periodic financial projections.
Talent and Employee Engagement
- Represent and promote the company’s values.
- Recruit, hire, and develop employees, and ensure the right people are in the right seats.
- Assure optimal staffing, talent and resources to achieve plans and strategies.
- Make certain appropriate safety policies and procedures are in place and ensure employee compliance.
- Coach and develop direct reports both formally and informally.
- Communicate readily and provide periodic updates of company news, events, and performance to the team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 + years executive leadership in the commercial or industrial construction, contracting or (highly preferred) electrical contracting sector
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred. Technical degrees are a plus.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Alignment with company values, intellectual integrity, readily faces creative conflicts and sees opportunities, delivers on promises, and maintains high quality standards
- Strong sense of accountability - takes responsibility for actions, results, and difficult decisions
- High energy and urgency to create value
- Poise and deep emotional intelligence
- Strategic acumen and forward-looking mindset
- Bottom line driven with demonstrable financial acumen
- Change leadership - ability to inspire and influence others to embrace worthy change
- Communication – an active listener, clear and candid in speech and effective at all levels
- Adapts leadership style to adjust to changing demands and conditions
- Strong people leadership skills to develop and empower the management team
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.