Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have strong leadership skills? Are you ready to prove it to a new organization?
- Are you willing to learn new technical skills while acting in a supervisory role?
- Are you a patient, understanding individual who looks forward to developing entry-level employees to their full potential?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a vibrant and growing family-owned company that has an outstanding quality reputation in the industry reinforced with numerous awards for culture and “Best Places to Work”. They believe in building strong teams and consistently investing back into the company. Our client is a manufacturer that services several industries and offers a broad selection of products and services, allowing their customers to drastically reduce their vendor base. They strive to achieve sustained, profitable growth by providing products that consistently meet the needs of their customers. They accomplish this by being quick, flexible and customer focused.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for the Assembly, Connectors, and Varnish
Departments. This provides oversight to all day-to-day activities including but not limited to safety, quality, productivity, scheduling, process improvement, and training as well as mentoring of team members. The Assembly Supervisor will:
- Supervise staff and coordinate operation of the Assembly Department.
- Plan, prioritize, supervise, and review the work of employees responsible for production area, set up, and maintenance of production equipment.
- Maintain and coordinate production schedules.
- Receive direction from Production and Operations Managers.
- Coordinate and communicate with other supervisors and operations staff.
- Plan and assign work, train employees, and make performance decisions and evaluation reviews.
- Participate in the selection of staff, provide or coordinate staff training, work with
employees to correct deficiencies, implement discipline procedures.
- Hold employees accountable for their performance and attendance.
- Exercise direct supervision over Assembly Employees for his/her shift and exercise indirect responsibility for employees of other shifts and department.
- Maintain product quality standards.
- Prepare various reports on production and activities.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Abide by and enforce policies of the company Employee Handbook.
- Promote a safe and clean working environment.
- Ensure employees are wearing the proper PPE.
- Work with other departments to secure work quality.
- Use business acumen to strategically plan work processes, conserve material and labor, cost required, and guide all decision making.
- Work weekends and other overtime as needed and when appropriate.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree or work equivalent
- 2-3 years of supervisory or management experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanical inclination
- Ability and willingness to have performance measured daily
- Intermediate Print Reading skills
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven success with time management, showing the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thrives in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment
The Assembly Supervisor will be a part of an outstanding company that truly cares about their employees and the community. This position provides the opportunity for the candidate to prove abilities in this entry-level supervisory role that will open doors a future with the company.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
Physical requirements for this role include:
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing/ pulling 10lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the workload.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of