Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you interested in a key management position with an association supporting
member businesses across the country?
Are you attracted by an outstanding benefits package including full medical at the company’s expense plus a generous pension plan & opportunity for a company car?
Do you enjoy both regional and national travel?
American Line Builders (ALB) is a trade association proudly serving the outside electrical construction industry across 8 states in the Midwest and Washington D.C. They are
one of 118 associated chapters with the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA). NECA is the voice of the $171 billion industry responsible for bringing electrical power, lighting, and communications to buildings and communities across the United States.
The Assistant Director is a management position for a prominent trade association representing the electrical construction industry at a regional and national level. The incumbent will be heavily involved in labor relations and membership engagement. This position will call for the application of technical abilities in learning and operating financial/reporting software. This person will work closely with the Executive Director to carry out the daily administration of the chapter.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and directly report to the Executive Director
- Provide continued value to association membership
- Conduct and participate in labor relations including calculation of wage rates and benefits for collective bargaining agreements
- Openness to change and offering innovative and strategic solutions to ALB
- Responsible for Association member relations, hosting and conducting meetings and public speaking
- With the Executive Director, represent ALB at large conventions/trade shows in major cities across the country
- Work closely and effectively with 14 Local Unions (IBEW)
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with up to 3+ years of experience in Business, Finance, Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit, or Public Relations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a meeting with poise and confidence.
- Up to 50% regular overnight weekday/weekend travel required (travel by car or air; passport recommended)
- Labor Relations & union contract negotiations experience preferred
- Must take initiative and be well organized
- Connect well with people with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of economics, budgeting, and accounting practices & principles
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and macOS