Associate Producer - Real Estate/Finance
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
CLIENT SUMMARY: For nearly 60 years, NorthMarq has provided debt, equity, and loan servicing to commercial real estate owners and investors through our offices across the U.S. Their investment sales platform offers acquisition and disposition services for multifamily assets in select markets.
They offer clients the ideal combination of a strong national company capable of attracting a wide range of capital sources, a personalized approach to buying and selling multifamily properties, exceptional knowledge of local markets, and a robust loan servicing operation.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is best suited for someone who has experience in the commercial real estate finance industry and has a desire to rapidly move into a production role within 1 - 3 years. As such, the position will essentially be a mentorship and afford the individual the opportunity to work directly with the Managing Directors in Cincinnati.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Execution and Direction
- Prepare preliminary and final investment reports using “InDesign” software in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include narrative analysis of the borrower, property, location and market.
- Complete property financial analysis and underwriting, developing a final valuation estimate
- Coordinate due diligence, property inspections, review building plans, calculate building sizes, order and analyze credit reports and other pertinent underwriting criteria
- Lease briefs – Prepares summary analysis of leases for use in investment reports.
- Comparable data – Gather site, neighborhood, and city data from sources both inside and outside the regional office. Customize data and comparables to suit the proposal.
- Photography/graphics – Access or provide aerial and or on-site photographs, maps, graphics and other exhibit material.
- Prepare market research including absorption surveys and occupancy studies. Also prepare special reports as required including demographic analysis, economic studies, and metropolitan industry analysis.
- Closing – Provide closing coordination, follow up on all due diligence with regard to closing, including acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Servicing – For existing loans, perform regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio analysis, lease reviews, and regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge which is essential in providing quality work.
- Responsible for providing investors and borrower with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Over the course of the first year, and increasingly through the second year, this person will be expected to show the ability to generate leads, network, and negotiate real estate transactions.
- There will be the opportunity for this person to perform the Production role as opportunity presents itself, with the timetable for transition fully to Producer determined by success.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to Five years’ experience in a related field required.
- Four-year college degree. Major in real estate/finance preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with ability to calculate NOI, DSC, LTV, LTC, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge and skills. Including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.), and graphic software in relation to real estate.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Customer service oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; needs to be resourceful.
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve, either independently or by quickly calling on the right resources.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations, combined with a team player “get the job” done attitude.