Automation Engineering Group Leader
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The Automation Engineering Group Leader will lead a group of 10 dynamic engineers in the execution of client projects. Projects are in the chemical, pulp and paper, food and beverage, and consumer product industries for a wide range of clients. Projects range in size from a single component programming change to a complete new multi-faceted multi-phase process implementation. This individual will provide leadership to the group to include resource coordination, technical and execution support, capability development, and mentorship. This individual will actively participate in our internal quality assurance process by reviewing and checking group work products to include drawings, specifications, lists, and programs. This individual will support the proposal process by providing input to bid/no bid decisions, project estimates, and deliverables. This individual will support the staffing process by networking, talent identification, and candidate evaluation. This candidate will also support the development and growth of key client relationships.
Though primarily the group leader, this individual will also execute automation designs within their specific area of specialty or expertise. This work includes the specification of instrument devices and control schemes, the documentation of installation designs in the form of physical drawings, elementaries, loop sheets, lists, and work instructions, and the development and documentation of processor and HMI code to control the process. This individual is expected to observe professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and personnel interactions.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead or execute automation designs to include hardware specification and installation design. Designs are either stand-alone automation projects or executed as a component of process-based projects. Designs are documented on P&ID’s, general arrangement drawings, schedules, wiring diagrams, specifications, design basis, and associated lists.
- Lead or execute programming from conceptual definition and development through execution, commissioning, and validation. Positive interaction with client and project teams is essential at each step of the process. Programs shall be documented in accordance with Jedson and specific client practices.
- During project execution, research and analyze data to make sound design and implementation decisions aligned with company, client, and project objectives and applicable codes.
- Actively participate in our internal quality assurance process by reviewing and checking process group work products.
- Support the proposal process by providing project estimates and deliverables.
- Support the development and growth of key client relationships by always being an ambassador for Jedson while adhering to all standards of quality.
- Observe professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and personnel interactions, both with internal project teams and clients.
- Ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust
- Lean, flexible, capable of working with different customers and delivering projects in different ways.
- Understand and support other projects, company policies and programs
- Anticipate future work associated or derived from ongoing projects
IDEAL CANDIDATE’S QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university
- 8 – 15 years of related experience in automation engineering, both in hardware and software.
- Experience in consulting engineering or construction working for industrial customers
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership to include team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Eager to grow; Curious, continuous learner
- Background in delivering projects in the industrial space and able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Basic AutoCAD skills
Preferred Experience Includes:
- Consumer Products or Food or Beverage experience
- Experience in manufacturing – Operational reliability, efficiency, and continuous improvement work.