Automation Engineer - DeltaV/Rockwell
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic engineering firm that encourages a variety of experiences and the opportunity for direct client interface with a strong focus on your career development?
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer with PLC and/or Distributed Control System programming experience, specifically in Rockwell Allen Bradley and/or Emerson DeltaV. Reporting to the Automation Group Leader, the successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and business skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for and leader of the Jedson engineering team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a team to deliver graphic and code development for heavy industrial clients on a prescribed schedule.
- Capable of converting old graphics and code from a legacy DCS or PLC to the new platform. Ability to understand and create electrical and instrumentation design documentation is preferable.
- Lean, flexible, capable of working with different customers and delivering projects in different ways. Eager to grow and a continuous learner. Self-starter. Good communication skills.
- Preferably experience in consulting engineering or construction working for industrial customers but not required.
- Ensure engagement with clients in an ethical and professional manner and always being an ambassador for Jedson while adhering to all standards of quality.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in Engineering with 5-10+ years of experience in PLC and/or Distributed Control System programming in Rockwell Allen Bradley and/or Emerson DeltaV systems
- Preferably experience with both hardware and software design (either/or works, but both are preferable)
- Experience with graphic design, programming code, and migration from older systems.
- Light instrumentation and control design.
- Experience in consumer products, chemicals, and/or any heavy industrial industry.
- EPC or Engineering firm experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships.
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations.
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred but not required.