Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you interested in joining a small, established firm that is poised for growth?
- Do you have a passion for wealth management and financial planning to help clients achieve their goals?
- Can you bring an entrepreneurial spirit and best practices to help shape the future of the firm?
- Does a hybrid work model with flexibility to work from home appeal to you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Blake-Schutter Wealth (BSW), a spin-off of Miller-Valentine’s (MV) Investor Services group located in the Dayton metro area, has a 25-year history of providing MV Owner investment and wealth planning services. Since 2019 they began providing third-party clients comprehensive wealth management and investment advisory services. By providing wealth management and investment advisory services coupled with the coordination of services provided by other advisors, they significantly increase the likelihood of clients achieving their family financial goals and lifetime happiness. Through a partnership with Culmen Real Estate Services, also located in the Dayton Metro area, and one of the region’s largest, premier property and asset management organizations, BSW can also provide results that enhance the value of their client’s real estate investments component of their wealth.
The Wealth Manager is responsible for working with the Founders and Wealth Strategist(s) in delivering the Blake-Schutter Wealth client experience and overseeing and coordinating team efforts beginning with the initial meeting, and throughout the analysis, strategy development, and planning implementation. The Wealth Manager also works with administrative support staff to ensure new client account set up by reviewing new account applications and forms, 3rd Party Manager forms as needed, reconciliation of cash and in-kind transfers, and related transfer transactions.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work closely with firm outsourced investment team in designing, managing, and overseeing client investment portfolios.
- Conduct mutual fund research, due diligence and asset allocation studies as requested.
- Work with BSW team to meet with clients no less frequently than annually to ensure services are being delivered as desired, investment objectives have not shifted, current portfolio allocations are still in line with client risk tolerance/goals, and shift to other priority action items.
- Provide an advice-based approach to financial solutions to firm clients.
- Maintain working knowledge of personal financial planning concepts and techniques to assist Wealth Strategist(s) in serving client wealth management and investment advisory needs.
- Assist BSW management team in effort to build out the BSW client service experience and ensure that policy and procedures are in place and being executed to achieve the Client Experience desired.
- Assist Founders and Wealth Strategists in the development of client wealth planning, strategy development, identification of priority action items, and implementation.
- Assist with development of investment and tax strategies in overseeing client wealth management.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in accounting and/or finance.
- CPA-PFS and/or CFP license or working to attain such licenses.
- Series 6 and 65 license or working to attain such licenses.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a financial service firm environment.
- Experience interacting with clients, business owners and/or senior management.
- Experience with legal documents and related legal terms a plus.
- Customer service orientation – excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven management administrative skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills.
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
- Possess excellent leadership skills and strong understanding of income and estate tax principles along with a solid understanding of investments, asset allocation, and portfolio & risk management.
- Ability to read and comprehend general and complex wealth management and investment concepts and be able to effectively communicate on complex technical matters in one-on-one or small group settings.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to complete job duties with high degree of accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently, with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, proven interpersonal skills with experience leading teams in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Maintaining standards of professionalism for the organization in the areas of confidentiality, teamwork, timeliness and effective communications, enforcement of company policies, and standards of customer service.
- Relationships matter
- Excel in continuous improvement
- Seek proactive solutions
- Listen first then act
- Details matter
- Join a reputable, growing firm and work side-by-side with the owners.
- Enjoy professional and financial growth including a path to ownership.
- Collaborate with an experienced, talented and client-centric team.