Audit Manager, Not-for-Profit
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
CLIENT SUMMARY: Blue & Co., LLC, ranked as a top 60 CPA firm in the U.S. by Accounting Today, has seen unprecedented growth since its inception in 1970. With 10 offices in four states (IN, KY, OH) and over 450 professionals, Blue is proud to serve clients in the Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, Healthcare, Agribusiness, Financial Services, and Not-for-Profit industries.
At Blue they say “We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates”
Blue has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" in IN, KY and OH for several years in a row including 2019!
JOB SUMMARY: The Audit Manager, preferably with Not-for-Profit experience to join the Cincinnati, OH office. Managers are responsible for the overall leadership of Audit team members, ensuring successful completion of client engagements, and business development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, schedule and lead all aspects of assurance engagements. Monitor and review work paper preparation.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Provide risk assessments and recommend controls; prepare financial statements, management letters, and detailed reports on audit findings.
- Build and expand relationships with clients and community contacts in an effort to contribute to the overall marketing efforts of the firm
- Staff development; foster teamwork, innovative thinking, and share knowledge.
- Take active leadership role in presentations to audit committees or board of directors.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA required.
- Five years or more of audit experience with a public accounting firm. Technical focus on small to mid-size companies, Not-for-Profit organizations and/or governmental entities.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Proven history of coaching others to success.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; demonstrate a high level of technical competence.
- Highest personal integrity, Smart, Energetic
- Passion for serving mission-minded organizations
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Interest in external networking and marketing
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret data share that interpretation with non-financial leaders
Blue & Co. offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package, bonus program, business casual work environment, a highly desirable work-life balance and fantastic team environment with other highly motivated professionals!