Business Development Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have proven sales success and growth in a manufacturing environment?
- Do you have mechanical knowledge with a genuine interest in how things are made?
- Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to bring that experience and passion for your work to a successful organization?
For more than 50 years, our northern Cincinnati client has engaged in the business of contract metal manufacturing and coating. They are a world-class team dedicated to supplying custom metal components and assemblies to a wide array of industries. Areas of expertise include metal stamping, laser cutting, CNC punching, metal fabrication, manual and robotic welding, sheet metal fabrication, powder coating and assembly. Their modern facilities include 140,000 square feet of manufacturing, coating, and warehousing space.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Business Development/Account Manager will develop and manage new and emerging accounts to promote overall profitable growth for the Company. In this role, you will interface with those accounts and work closely with the VP of Sales, Program Managers, Engineering, and other departments, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with VP of Sales to develop specific account strategies and establish overall market approach.
- Successfully promote company to target and developmental accounts through in-person, phone, social media and email, both at the customer locations and company office, as appropriate.
- Prepare and present quotations and negotiate at various organizational levels within accounts.
- Develop account plans for each current and prospective account to include clear objectives, goals, and detailed execution plan.
- Travel domestically to current and potential customer and supplier locations up to 50%.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in business or technical discipline
- Proven sales success with a minimum of 5+ years of related sales and product experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Specific experience in metal fabrication, machining, welding, and coating, a plus
- Experience working with engineering, including an understanding of blueprints
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer and software skills (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, ERP, and Social Media)
- Strong leadership skills and high level of independence
- Mechanical background preferred,