The Motz Group - Chief Financial Officer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $175,000 - $200,000 base + bonus + ESOP contribution
- Are you looking to join a growing company in an exciting industry?
- Are you a seasoned financial executive with strong strategic acumen?
- Do you ALSO enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get things done?
- Are you a problem solver who works with a sense of urgency and builds relationships with peers and direct reports?
- Do you have an owner’s mentality with a passion to win and an instinct to treat every dollar as your own?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Motz Group is an employee-owned firm who specializes in creating sports fields and leisure spaces for communities. Motz has made their name designing innovative and comprehensive performance-based sports field systems, tailored to customer’s specific needs. They build fields from inception to completion with pride, professionalism, and the utmost integrity. Their dedicated team is committed to leaving a legacy with every sports field created. They are high-performance turf specialists, focusing on field design, construction, removal, replacement, maintenance, and management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Motz Group is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join the Executive Leadership Team, reporting directly to the CEO. The CFO is a vital contributor to the strategic process, a hands-on role model for high performance, and an advocate for vision who executes strategy to achieve that vision. The CFO is essential to continued growth, profitability, and development of all team members.
The CFO will lead the accounting and finance team and is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, controlling, and reporting all accounting and finance related activities. The CFO will:
- Possess a strong drive to succeed and show ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO and Executive Team to drive both top and bottom-line growth while continuing to increase the company’s revenue.
- Develop and lead The Motz Group annual financial plan and oversee routine forecasts throughout the year.
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers).
- Recommend actions that will augment future financial results.
- Recommend present and future technology strategies to support current and future business strategy.
- Recognize and proactively exploit opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain reporting tools and distribution of financial data that supports the various teams and functions.
- Support enhanced financial literacy throughout the organization to grow the next generation of leaders.
- Lead and manage the strategy process, influence the future direction of the company by providing financial leadership and operational insights, helping position the company for short-term and long-term success.
- Develop accounting and finance talent and - as necessary - modify organization structure (roles/responsibilities) to facilitate company growth.
- Effectively lead staff by providing clear expectations, opportunities for skill and job growth development, and timely constructive feedback.
- Work to continually improve and maintain sound financial policies and processes according to General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Serve as primary leader of key relationships such as Banking, Insurance, Legal, IT, etc.
- Ensure Motz is compliant with various governmental and legal requirements and lead or participate in audits/reviews when appropriate (various benefits plans, 401k, ESOP, etc).
- Develop industry knowledgebase through internal interaction with Operations, Sales, and Marketing, as well as attend tradeshows, conferences, interact with customers, etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in a CFO capacity
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or related experience, MBA preferred
- Experience working in a private company is mandatory
- Construction or other similar industry helpful
- Highly effective balance of analytical accounting and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated success in evaluating/vetting myriad business opportunities and planning/implementing multi-faceted growth strategies
- Ability to attract, retain, coach, develop, and lead others
- Experience in managing Legal, Commercial Risk, Treasury/Banking relationships
- Experiences outside of core accounting and finance highly preferred such as project management, commercial operations, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Experience with ESOP helpful, but not required
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated, self-starting, dynamic entrepreneurial spirit
- Mentoring and coaching, and self-evaluating and coachable
- Accepting of, and equally effective in, a support or a leadership role
- Patient and positive in client and colleague relationships
- Leads by example, earns trust, and builds consensus
- Strong leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
This role is based in Cincinnati and will require the candidate to reside locally or relocate to Cincinnati. Relocation will be offered to preferred candidates. At this time, the role will be in the office most days.