Chief Operating Officer: Commercial Real Estate
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   Base salary $200K+ with bonus and additional incentives
- Are you ready to take on a leadership role in the continued growth and success of a well-regarded commercial real estate company?
- Do you enjoy managing and developing a motivated and results-oriented senior leadership team?
- Will you embrace being a face-of-the organization in the community with key stakeholders?
- Can you challenge the status quo and take calculated risks while still achieving agreed upon goals?
Based in Cincinnati, our client is an entrepreneurial, full service commercial real estate company that provides a range of services to its clients: acquisition/investment, development/redevelopment, design/build, asset management, leasing, and financing. Their team of 30 employees work across the entire spectrum of office, multifamily, industrial, retail, and hospitality sectors.
Due to an increase in current opportunities and future growth plans, the company seeks to add a COO to the management team. The COO will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people and systems in place to grow effectively and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the COO will lead a senior management team, which includes the VP of Asset Management/Leasing, VP of Development, VP of Business Development and the CFO/Finance department.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the senior management team and organization.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate and lead high-performance management team: attract, manage and retain members of the executive team as well as provide mentoring as a cornerstone of the management career development program.
- Drive the Company to achieve increased NOI and cash flow while decreasing risk and meet agreed upon company goals and objectives.
- Develop, improve, and ensure the effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI) and administrative budgets to achieve results consistent with corporate goals.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment that is rooted in finding and creating value in real estate that also improves the quality of life within the communities where the Company works.
The ideal candidate is:
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and building new approaches – s/he knows how to turn vision into action and results.
- Likes challenges and seeks out responsibilities; takes risks; does what’s best for a community and the organization.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the commercial real estate space, with an ability to “speak the language” of development and asset management.
- Has “Face of the Organization” experience within the community and with key customers, significant vendors and other business partners.
- Experience and relationships within the Cincinnati/Midwest region are preferred.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years in the commercial real estate industry, 10+ years in management/executive roles.
- Experience with multiple commercial real estate functions: acquisition, development/redevelopment, asset management, leasing, financing, and operations.
- Experience raising investment capital a plus
- Strong financial acumen and P&L responsibility
- Effective written and verbal communication skills