Commercial Finance Manager - Gorilla Glue
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a high performing commercial finance professional looking to bring your expertise and add value to the finance, sales and brand marketing teams?
- Do you have a strong background in CPG, pricing/SRM strategy, trade spending?
- Can you get excited about having a seat at the table with Sales and Brand Marketing in a rapidly growing, family-owned company with an exceptional culture and well-known brands?
The Gorilla Glue Company (“Gorilla”; https://www.gorillatough.com/) has been a leader in the CPG industry for over two decades. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio and with a presence in the UK, Gorilla is a family-owned business that prides itself on its collegial atmosphere and world-class products within a global portfolio of three brands: Gorilla Glue, O’Keeffe’s and Sapadilla. Leadership is focused on continued growth and improving operating efficiencies, accomplishing this through new product offerings and geographic expansion. At Gorilla, employees are the # 1 asset and enjoy a healthy work environment anchored on family values - Gorilla has been named a Top Place to Work in Cincinnati for eleven years in a row!
Regardless of the brand, Gorilla is united under one mission, “The Gorilla Way”: to build brands that people love with products they believe in alongside people they care about. Gorilla’s culture is truly unique – it has the perfect balance of striving for excellence in everything it does while having fun and being passionate. They believe its Four Pillars: Brands, Customer, Community and People, should be the driving force behind everything that they do.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Commercial Finance Manager will be a key business partner to the sales and marketing teams. The Commercial Finance Manager will provide analytical insights, process oversight, and reporting to help influence the decision-making process. They will proactively support the business on product innovation, pricing/SRM strategy, scenario planning, and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Commercial Finance Manager will:
- Serve as direct liaison between Finance and the business partners in Sales & Brand Marketing to help determine and deliver business objectives & financial targets
- Directly support the financial and business needs of commercial leadership to optimize profitability for the O’Keeffe’s brand
- Directly support the financial and business needs of commercial leadership to optimize profitability for the following North American channels: Strategic Mass, High/Low, & Canada
- Support, analyze, and participate in the preparation and review of annual plans & forecasts for O’Keeffe’s and the assigned North American channels
- Update monthly management reporting, including brand, product and customer-level profitability. Provide support detailing variance drivers inclusive of sales volume, trade spend, price volume mix analysis and cost center spending.
- Prepare/compile key supplemental reports in conjunction with the monthly close process
- Support trade spend management processes including support of negotiation with retailers, accruals of monthly trade spend, recurring and ad hoc analysis, and customer investment modeling
- Participate in cross-functional projects as needed that help to further efficiencies for the business or function
- Support special projects upon request, financial modeling, strategic initiative assessment, and system maintenance
- Actively participate in the Gorilla Way
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- 7 years or more of finance or Commercial Support experience
- Experience with CPG companies strongly preferred; including Trade Funding management (or program pricing) with both traditional brick-and-mortar and e-commerce retailers
- Strong technical skills related to ERP (Oracle preferred), reporting, business intelligence, planning/budgeting,
- International experience, particularly with Canada preferred
- Extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Strong Analytical and reasoning abilities including prior history of analyzing large volumes of data
- Detail oriented
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Team player attitude with a courteous and friendly demeanor and ability to work well with peers and management
- Naturally curious, reliable, and able to self-initiate work efforts
- Continuous improvement mindset
Adhere to The Gorilla Glue Company’s Core Values that ensure everyone works together to exceed expectations.
- Have fun, be passionate and show it!
- Act with integrity and respect in all relationships.
- Communicate openly & appreciate the effort of others.
- Embrace knowledge, growth and change.
- Strive for excellence in what you do every day!