Director of Procurement and Logistics
Location:   Dayton OH
Salary:   based on experience
Do you have a drive to serve others and be a part of the leading ethical and innovative partner of choice for quality and customer-focused biologic solutions? Would you like to take your hospital or manufacturing supply chain leadership skills to assist in the growth of a leading nationwide not-for-profit? Would you like to implement continuous improvement throughout a supply chain organization? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
Our client, based in Kettering Ohio, is a not-for-profit organization that operates solely to satisfy the need for allograft tissue, blood, and specialized laboratory services. As a leader in their industry, they have served hospitals nationwide for 50 years with confidence and a tradition of excellence.
Leads the development and implementation of procurement, logistics and overall supply chain strategies to support operations. Leading a team of 40+ employees, the Director will ensure the effectiveness and continual improvement of all related supply chain functions to accomplish the organization’s overall business objectives.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a key member of a leadership team in a 1100+ employee organization with a mission to transform "the gift" to save and enhance lives.
- Develop and implement the vision, business processes, and strategy to achieve excellence in operational performance.
- Leverage procurement, logistics and overall supply chain best practices to achieve improvements in safety, cost, quality, lead-time and service.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of business processes, technology, and business systems to attain competitive advantage.
- Lead change management effort within Supply Chain operations.
- Leads change and helps the organization improve supply chain effectiveness
- Administrative management of operational budgets, human resources, and assigned production capital. Will manage a team of 40-50 employees.
- Grow and expand organizational relationship with external supply partners.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years progressive experience leading Supply Chain functions with an emphasis on procurement/sourcing and logistics
- Proven success at implementing continuous improvement methodologies including lean manufacturing/six sigma/Toyota Production Systems (TPS)
- Experience in either an FDA regulated Medical Device, Biologics and/or manufacturing company or a hospital system
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, operations, supply chain management or a related field. Master’s degree would be a plus.
- Track record of strong leadership skills leading large team to achieve high performance. Ability to inspire, motivate and build relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical acumen. Strong problem-solving skills could with analysis and innovation background.
- History of driving for results, establishing priorities and stretch goals and holding your team accountable.