Continuous Improvement Leader
Location:   Dayton OH
Salary:   based on experience
Do you have a passion for continuous improvement? Maybe your experience has been through leading production, quality or even through engineering classes. Would you like to take this passion and make a career shift into leading the continuous improvement initiatives for a growing company? If so, we would love to schedule a time to talk!
Based in Dayton, Ohio, our client is the industry leader and original system innovator of revolutionary metal packaging systems. Their metal packaging systems are designed and sold to offer a broad and versatile range of end conversion systems to meet their client’s food and beverage manufacturing requirements. Complimenting their innovative systems, our client also offers precision quality tooling, spare parts, shell tooling and end conversion dies to keep the container systems running at optimal performance. While always looking at new ways to innovate for the industry, our client prides themselves in delivering reliable service, constant communication, and quality standards that are unprecedented in the industry.
Responsible to drive continuous improvement activities focused on lead time reduction and safety coordination. Strong focus will be dedicated to metric driven activities including utilizing the methodology of theories of constraints with a focus on velocity. Role will include multiple site responsibilities and activities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with engineering, operations, and quality teams to drive continuous improvement and cost out activities
- Work with engineering and operations groups in improving utilization of automation
- Learn and work with BaaN to gather data and make decisions
- Work with manufacturing facilities to implement a 5S system across multiple divisions
- Implement lean visual manufacturing in a hi mix, low volume environment
- Responsible for safety reporting and coordination of safety committees and actions
- Responsible for managing shop floor layouts
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven success at driving projects by being task oriented, solutions minded and clever in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills to manage the change and get buy-in for improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations management or other discipline that builds a strong foundation. Equivalent experience to a bachelor’s degree will be considered for the right candidate