Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will add value to the business by leading a finance team supporting all business lines, locations, and corporate departments. This person will direct financial activities for the accounting operations of the company to include financial reporting, maintenance of system records, and comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance accuracy of financial reporting, and provide information to leadership to actively manage company operations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the CFO and other business leaders to identify and implement profit-enhancing and risk-reducing processes and actions
- Maintain and, as necessary, augment company KPIs, metrics and dashboards; identify and investigate variances and trends
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, managing personnel including training and development
- Oversee the accounting operations of business units, control systems, transaction processing, and overall consolidated financial reporting, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency, including managing financial software
- Prepare, analysis and distribute monthly financial statements to board members and senior management
- Ensure financial accounting methods and procedures are performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maintain a strong internal control environment and, as necessary, augment or update financial / accounting processes policies
- Responsible for the monthly close and consolidation process supported by the accounting team
- Work closely with the CFO and senior leaders on M&A opportunities and lead the financial integration of new businesses into the company
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or a related field with MBA preferred
- Minimum ten years of related work experience including leadership of accounting teams
- Experience in Private Equity environment strongly desired
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Works proficiently in a very fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates are currently being considered in the Greater Cincinnati regional area only.