Controller, Archbishop Moeller High School
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Enjoy an excellent work life balance in a fulfilling career.
- Support the mission of Moeller High School: Catholic. Marianist. Forming Our Students into Remarkable Men.
- Provide Business Operations leadership for a reputable Cincinnati institution.
ABOUT ARCHBISHOP MOELLER HIGH SCHOOL:
For 60 years, Archbishop Moeller High School has been working toward one Mission – Catholic. Marianist. Forming our Students into Remarkable Men. These are men of faith, men of academic excellence, and men of character.
This formation began at the very beginning with the first principal, Brother Lawrence Eveslage, S.M., who created a culture rooted in the Marianist tradition. Through honoring the characteristics of Faith Formation, Academic Excellence, Service to Others, Family Spirit, and the ability to Adapt for Life, Brother Eveslage laid the foundation for Moeller to be the leader in educating young men.
It was, however, Archbishop Karl Alter, who had the vision of a new school. He appointed Monsignor McCarthy and Brother Sibbing, S.M., to supervise the planning and construction of a new school. This school was to be named Archbishop Moeller High School – living tribute to the Reverend Fourth Archbishop of the Cincinnati Archdiocese, the Most Reverend Henry Moeller.
Archbishop Moeller High School opened its doors in September 1960 to freshmen drawn from 15 parishes in the northeastern part of greater Cincinnati and Hamilton County. And just four years later, the Class of 1964 received the first diplomas bearing the name Archbishop Moeller High School. Since then, Moeller has graduated more than 12,000 Men of Moeller.
The Controller serves as key support for the Chief Financial Officer, is an important arm of the organization’s system of internal controls, helps facilitate stewardship of resources, and supports an environment of transparency, consistency, confidence, and process improvement. The position is full-time and year-round. The Business Operations department at Moeller offers a fast-paced, flexible, and balanced working environment in support of our employees and students. The salary range is $70,000 to $80,000, depending on experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Overall responsibility for organization’s accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Lead a timely, consistent monthly accounting close of the GL and all sub-ledgers.
- Prepare monthly financial statements in conformity with GAAP for review with CFO.
- Prepare forecasts, cash flow projections, etc., as needed.
- Coordinate the annual budget process in partnership with CFO.
- Prepare monthly budget reports for internal clients, building relationships of trust and accountability.
- Coordinate the annual audit by outside accounting firm in partnership with CFO.
- Maintain and reconcile balances of restricted funds, including scholarships and other projects, and regular touchpoints with advancement team regarding gifts, projects and donor initiatives.
- Coordinate tracking of endowment and scholarship funds in conformity with UPMIFA in partnership w/ Chief Advancement Officer (endowed funds are managed by third party investment manager).
- Lead treasury management activities including overall responsibility for management of cash, reconciliation of bank accounts, maintaining bank accounts and banking relationships.
- Coordinate financing related to capital debt and equipment leases.
- While you do not have to be Catholic, a passion for and commitment to the mission of Moeller High School is expected.
- Candidates will possess at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA designation is a strong plus.
- Candidates will have at least 5 years of experience in a complex role with a similar level of responsibility. Not-for-profit accounting and/or audit experience is a plus.
- Candidates will be proficient with MS Excel and with advanced accounting software tools. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge or similar suite of accounting software is a plus.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate an intense affinity toward analysis, acute attention to detail, strong ability to solve problems, ability to thrive on a team, seeks regular training and encourages process improvement in the department.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND HIRING
Salary is competitive. We offer a robust benefits package including paid vacation, personal days, paid holidays and holy days, healthcare, dental, vision, FSA, and 401K option with employer contribution, and free lunch during the school year.
Offers are contingent upon background checks and Safe Parish certifications for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s Safe Environment program. All employees of Archbishop Moeller High School will have knowledge of, or openness to learn about the Catholic faith, and a willingness to work for a Catholic agency and adhere to the policies of the School and Archdiocese of Cincinnati. An equal opportunity employer.