Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
For over 30 years our client, a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati, has provided full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. We play well as a team because of our extraordinary culture. We build with purpose, and we solve problems. We expect excellence in all ways, but for our CFO we especially want someone who will embrace the following:
Reporting directly to the CFO, and through hands-on leadership with the COO and CEO/owner, the Controller will bring needle-moving value by leading a finance team which supports all offices, business lines, project managers and corporate departments.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the CFO and COO to identify and implement profit-enhancing and risk-reducing processes and actions
- Create strategic plans for financial operations
- Develop and maintain close relationship with project managers to understand the financial status of each project and – as necessary - ensure timely administrative actions (e.g. invoice approval, change order processing, etc.)
- Understand/optimize the use of project controls to provide a tight interface between daily project activities and accounting/finance.
- Identify, develop, and monitor KPIs, metrics and dashboards; identify and investigate variances and trends
- Lead and strengthen the Accounting team, including talent acquisition, training and development
- Coordinate and work with the external audit team
- Collect and consolidate financial data, prepare accurate and timely financial statements, both internal and external; manage regulatory reporting
- Maintain relationship with external audit firm and facilitate/coordinate auditor activity, including the annual audit process
- Maintain a strong internal financial control environment and, as necessary, augment or update financial / accounting processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable rules, laws, and regulations.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Solid understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition criteria from prior experience either in industrial or commercial construction, contracting or engineering environment or in a public accounting practice heavily focused on such clients
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning and communication skills
- Motivation to address “tactical details” and strategic acumen necessary to see “the bigger picture”
- Ability to schedule, determine priorities and meet critical deadlines
- MBA and / or CPA
- Experience leading a finance or accounting team
- Sales, use and income tax experience across multiple jurisdictions
- Evident process improvement and/or profit enhancement experience
- Prior working knowledge of Deltek Vision.
NOTE: Currently, we are focusing on candidates from the Cincinnati regional area.