Corporate Controller & Financial Reporting Manager - Trucking/Transportation Industry
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience + bonus potential
Our Cincinnati based client represents three trucking/transportation sister companies in one site, with businesses ranging from transportation, logistics, rental, and sales/ repair of semi-trucks. Each company has multiple locations across the Midwest. Privately held, they have been in business for over 100 years and the entire entity employs over 350 skilled people.
We are seeking a Corporate Controller & Financial Reporting Manager to lead the consolidated accounting and financial functions for the organization. Reporting to the CFO, you will manage the three divisional controllers to ensure that each division is performing their accounting responsibility in an accurate and timely function, and will be responsible for the corporate consolidation of data. In addition, you will be responsible for routine as well as ad hoc financial reporting for the company leadership.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with divisional controllers to ensure month end processes and data are completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate and recommend process improvements to the month end process. Advise business units on and assist with implementation of accounting and budgeting policies.
- Maintain knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
- Manage the year end audit; collaborate with external auditors to provide needed information.
- Assist with federal, state and local tax returns.
- Coordinate the financial planning, budgeting, and reporting of multiple companies to leadership.
- Prepare monthly/annual reporting for each division and consolidated for CFO/ownership—including financial statements, forecasts, budgets, and other analysis.
- Prepare forecasts, budgets, proforma analysis for capital projects and other special projects / requests.
- Review financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identify development opportunities and improvements that can be made.
- Provide management and ownership with short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provide management with summary and analysis of the reports—be able to synthesis large amounts of complex financial information into key pieces of actional information.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years+ related experience required; public accounting experience is a plus.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation or audit software.
- Must have demonstrated strong documentation skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences with peers, managers, and leadership.
- Strong board room presence; comfort in presenting to executive team and ownership.