CSafe - Outsourcing Lead
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you ready to utilize your operations and warehousing experience to join a fast-growing, very successful and reputable organization with opportunities for career advancement?
- Do you enjoy building relationships and motivating others?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CSafe offers the most comprehensive suite of thermal shipping solutions for pharmaceutical cold chain shipping needs around the world to ensure patients receive the medicines and treatments they need. With a “patient-centered” focus, deep industry expertise and commitment to innovation, CSafe continues to deliver industry-leading products in both the active and passive segments. CSafe is the only provider with an end-to-end portfolio including active and passive bulk air cargo, parcel, cell and gene and specialty last-mile use cases allowing their team to match customer requirements to the best solution for their needs. Any size, any duration and any temperature – CSafe is at the heart of the cold chain.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Reporting to the VP of Global Operations, this new Outsourcing Lead role will be responsible for ensuring controls are in place for a cost-effective outsourced assembly operation capable of meeting CSafe’s quality standards while filling customers’ orders on time, every time. This position is located at the Expeditors warehouse location in Independence, KY and is the primary link between those operations and CSafe’s operations at the Monroe, OH Headquarters. The Outsourcing Lead will:
- Lead, motivate, and support outsourced partner teams in a time-sensitive and demanding environment.
- Challenge current working practices and develop a culture of best practices.
- Receive incoming materials into Sage. Coordinate with the Supply Chain team to resolve discrepancies.
- Monitor material availability to support production and shipping plans.
- Lead the cycle count program reporting results and following up on discrepancies.
- Report defective materials and follow up to disposition inventory correct issues.
- Report inventory metrics and continually work to achieve or exceed targets.
- Monitor forecasted demand and compare against production capacity.
- Coordinate production schedules with central planning to level load work cells while maintaining on-time shipments.
- Review operations tickets and report results and issues.
- Close work orders and report customer orders ready to ship.
Auditing and Training
- Ensure adherence to WI’s and SOPs
- Track new operator training and ensure Litmos is kept up to date.
- Audit incoming raw material inspections and outgoing finished goods inspections.
- Work with Quality to perform first article inspections as needed.
- Validate SCAR’s effectiveness and audit corresponding corrective actions.
- Perform safety and 5S auditing and reports results.
Cost Control and Performance Monitoring
- Review and pre-approve invoicing and monitor against targets.
- Coordinate continuous improvement and cost cutting programs.
- Report all other metrics as required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience in light manufacturing or assembly production preferrable in the packaging industry is required.
- Knowledge in all or some of the following:
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
- ISO 9001 and Quality control processes
- Inventory control and production planning
- Microsoft Office products
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and implement organizational change.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a very successful, growing organization that is extremely reputable in the industry. This role will allow the right person to learn the operations and grow your career with the organization.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
Jenny Caccimelio, Executive Recruiter