Location:   Dayton OH
Salary:   based on experience
Property Manager – Dayton, Ohio
- Do you want to make an impact as part of a team that values customer service and teamwork?
- Are you looking to join an organization that offers near-term growth opportunities?
- Do you value stability and being part of a company that cares about its employees?
- Does having some flexibility in your schedule appeal to you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Culmen Real Estate Services, located in the Dayton and Cincinnati metro area, is one of the region’s largest and premier property and asset management organizations. They have a long history of providing results that enhance the value of their clients’ real estate investments. By combining property management with asset management, they provide comprehensive services specifically designed to enhance clients’ investments. In addition, they foster positive relationships between the team and clients, minimizing turnover and reducing vacancy rates while improving profitability.
The Property Manager is responsible for total day to day planning, supervision, and scheduling of property management functions for an assigned portfolio of properties to achieve owners’ investment goals and objectives, and to provide high level of customer service to clients. A strong Property Manager will be a motivated self-starter who can work independently to meet all deadlines as required. They will be detail oriented and use good judgment skills in overseeing the day-to-day operations. They will have working knowledge of office processes, computer software and electronic communications tools to include, Microsoft office, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. A successful Property Manager will have developed written and verbal communication skills, proven interpersonal skills with experience providing administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy all while maintaining standards of professionalism for the organization in the areas of confidentiality, teamwork, timely and effective communications, enforcement of company policies, and standards of customer service. This role will support properties in Dayton, Ohio.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Serve as primary client communication contact for any building issue or for problems between clients.
- Anticipate and solve client concerns involving maintenance and service of the buildings.
- Develop and implement client retention programs, including planning and coordination of client appreciation events as approved by Owner.
- Communicate regularly with clients by newsletter or other correspondence to let them know about upcoming events, construction projects, new neighbors, etc.
Financial and Reporting Services:
- Prepare annual operating expense budgets for each portfolio property.
- Create non-recurring expense projections annually.
- Prepare variance reports monthly or quarterly for Owners/Asset Managers.
- Calculate and provide information annually or quarterly (as needed) for CAM billings to accounting.
- Invoice clients for services, as required by the lease.
- Interface with Asset Management on new properties and properties being refinanced providing financial or physical property information.
- Weekly review and coding of invoices for payment.
- Prepare "Year to Year" variances as required by Owner.
- Plan and coordinate Annual Association Meetings with unit owners or park association landowners.
- Regular inspection and evaluation of building interior and exterior finishes, cleaning, doors, locks and windows, HVAC systems, building mechanical systems, roofs, pavement, landscaping as well as janitorial, security and trash services.
- Identify emergency, safety, and urgent repairs, solicit bids, and recommend action to Owner.
- Coordination, negotiation, contracting and supervision and quality control of all outside service providers for janitorial, landscape care, snow removal, electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning repair and maintenance, parking lot repair and maintenance, carpenters, window washers, roofers, etc.
- Create bid specifications for repair or regular maintenance work
- Create and administer Inspection and Testing Schedules for Preventative Maintenance of building systems
- Assist leasing; back up agent to show space to prospects as needed; develop renewal/expansion leads and communicate such.
- Conduct property tours as required with lenders, insurance companies, owners, and investors.
- Supervise minor building renovation or improvement work
- Communicate with tenant fit-up team to coordinate construction activities in assigned portfolio.
- Maintain 24 hour / 7-day availability for property emergencies.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 + years of experience in Commercial Property Management
- Strong customer service orientation
- Available 24/7 for client emergencies
- Strong financial acumen
- Real Estate License (or obtain it within 12 months and Culmen will cover the cost)
- CPM, RPA or equivalent (or enroll in classes to pursue)
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Team player, willing to help where needed
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive and results oriented
- Professional demeanor, builds authentic relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to handle a great deal of confidentiality
Culmen Real Estate Services prides itself on having a healthy culture that reflects these core values:
- Relationships matter
- Excel in continuous improvement
- Associate Initiative
- Listen First then Act