Chief Commercial Officer, Henny Penny
Location:   Eaton OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you living in or open to relocation to the Dayton/Cincinnati OH area? The role is based in Eaton, OH and candidates need to live in a daily commutable distance.
Have you held the top Sales & Marketing/Customer Experience position in a division of or for a company with over $500m in revenue?
Have you been part of the team that has led the digital transformation of a business?
- Join an established, employee-owned company that is a global leader in its industry known for its customer experience
- Along with the executive team, lead the company through a period of change in scaling the organization for exponential growth by moving them into a digital world
- Embrace a culture that values integrity, respect, humility, and innovation
- Enhance company value by achieving established goals and realize attractive financial upside
- Be a leader of leaders through influence and coaching high-level leaders, managers and staff
- Model the way as a Servant Leader exhibiting both empathy and decisiveness
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
For over 60 years, Henny Penny’s purpose has been to create remarkable experiences through people, products, and food. Their values include: “Relationships matter. Trust. Take the Long View.” These values have served them and their customers well over the years and have positioned them for growth. Located in Eaton, OH (near Dayton), with a presence in Bellingham, Washington and Suzhou, China, they design, develop, and manufacture premium foodservice equipment known for reliability, ease of use, and low operating costs. With approximately 1,000 employees, they have proudly served the world’s most demanding kitchens across the globe for customers including McDonalds and Chick-fil-A.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Reporting directly to the President as part of the Senior Leadership Team, the Customer Experience Officer will be a seasoned business leader with functional responsibility for the Customer Experience and commercial organization supporting the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The Customer Experience (CX) team is comprised of approximately 100 teammates with seven direct reports: VP of Global Sales, VP of Marketing, VP of Services, Director of Product Strategy, Director of Parts and Supplies, Head of Growth and Strategy, and an Administrative Assistant.
- Strategic Business and Organizational Leadership
- Business partnership with the Senior Leadership Team
- Reinforce the company’s core values around character and integrity
- Guide all customer-facing teams to achieve revenue and strategic goals.
- Operational Excellence
- Scale CX capabilities, processes, and practices for growth, largely through digital transformation
- Provide vision and oversight for all CX operational functions including sales, marketing, customer/technical services, product strategy, and parts.
- Preserve and grow high-level strategic customer and partner relationships
- Executive Leadership Team
- Reporting to the President, actively participate in the leadership team’s development and execution of strategies to grow the business and exceed customer expectations
- Represent the customer perspective in critical strategies and decisions
- Respect the Culture – but Lead Change
- Henny Penny is a great place to work with many traditional practices and values
- Help create a vision for the future that invites and supports change
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must live in or a commutable distance from Eaton, OH. Relocation assistance will be provided
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of sales/marketing experience and at least 5 years of executive leadership experience
- Experienced and strategic business leader in addition to functional expertise.
- Experience driving the digital transformation of a sales/marketing organization (CRM implementation and usage, IOT business model experiences highly valued)
- Experience in scaling a highly successful business for growth.
- Strongly prefer global experience in a B2B manufacturing business, ideally with both direct customers and a distribution network.
- Experience leveraging and amplifying what’s working within an organization
- Flexible and able to multitask; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Experience leading periods of strategic change both internally and externally.
- Experience working directly with high-level, large customer executives to strengthen business relationships and develop strategic partnerships beyond day-to-day contacts
- Proven success as a “visionary” with the ability to solve the next obstacle
- Team management experience with multiple direct reports in a variety of disciplines
- Adept experience working with business leaders to develop collaborative solutions to business and organizational needs
- Strong business and financial acumen to effectively align CX with organizational goals
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Humility, Integrity, Stewardship, and Respect
- Collaborative and influential
- Is genuine and authentic, a positive and congenial leader whose natural style employs persuasion and influence rather than command and control.
- A strong listener and exceptional communicator at all levels of the company.
- Decisive, responsive, and caring
- Leads by example, an inspiring leader
- Build on a solid foundation of success and help lead the company into its next phase of growth.
- Strengthen the CX team to become the recognized industry leader in customer experience.
- Receive a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, meaningful performance-based annual bonus, and ownership in an employee-owned company.