Data and IT Manager
Location:   Cold Springs, KY
Salary:   based on experience
Our Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky client is a growing warehouse/distribution/ecommerce firm, $50M+ in revenue. Their team of over 100 employees sells and distributes a catalog of over 20K SKUs, as well as develops 400+ new products annually.
They are seeking a Data and IT Manager to join their management team, reporting to the COO.
The Data & IT Manager is the primary point of contact for Technology related objectives. This is a broad role that will provide both day-to-day user support as well as coordinate with the Management Team to ensure the selection and use of the most effective tools, accurate and relevant data capture, and efficient internal and external communication.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize SQL on a daily basis to extract, evaluate, and prepare data for use in all company functions. Effectively analyze and present data to stakeholders, leadership, and customers for better decision making.
- Lead an initiative to standardize data structure and enhance data integrity.
- Execute ad hoc data and analytics projects in response to business needs.
- Evaluate existing Microsoft Dynamics tools, as well as others (such as WMS and CRM) to increase automation, improving productivity and efficiency. Meet with end users to understand their business processes, challenges, and needs. Create detailed documentation capturing business requirements, work and data flows within and between business systems. Analyze the impact of any new data requirements on existing solutions.
- Identify and prepare source data for Power BI dashboards and reports.
- Provide user support for Company-provided hardware and software.
- Work with vendors to manage software upgrades and deployment.
- Work with vendors to Maintain servers, manage data back-ups and identify data risks.
- Maintain and update Microsoft tools, specifically SharePoint & Office 365.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience managing technology for a growing small to mid-size company.
- Highly skilled in SQL and Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to identify and extract relevant, quality data for reporting and analysis. Practical experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- 5+ years of experience with SharePoint and Business Intelligence development.
- Solid understanding of applications and processes flows for ERP/WMS/CRM tools HIGHLY PREFERABLE.
- Strong project management skills, experience working with vendors and junior staff.
- Strong personnel interaction skills, critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Strong ability to succinctly document issues and solutions.