Director Care Continuum - Life Learning Center
Location:   Covington, KY
Salary:   $65 - $80k (based on experience)
CLIENT SUMMARY: Life Learning Center, based in Covington, KY, was started in 2006 to provide hope for ‘at-risk’ individuals in our Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky regional community who are ready to commit to long-term life change. The 12-week program offers enrollees a holistic continuum of education and care that focuses on the five domains of life: physical, emotional, financial, spiritual and relationships. Today, Life Learning Center operates out of a 60,000 sq. ft. facility that includes 2 fully furnished floors including: a cafeteria, gym, 6 classrooms, and office space for our residential partners. It has been reported authentically that the Life Learning Center’s combined educational curriculum paired with continuum of care is the only such model for service to the “at risk” population in the USA.
In addition to the educational continuum offered through the LLC programs that teaches enrollees “how to live,” all enrollees have the support of the Care Continuum. The Continuum offers the link between LLC and the residential and community partners in the region to provide all the necessary services needed to remove LLC participants from situational or generational poverty.
The Director of Care Continuum, reporting to the Managing Director, is responsible for developing and comprehensively managing the Life Learning Center’s holistic care continuum to create transformational permanent change, personal sustainability and achieve high levels of dignity for Candidates and Members. They manage a small team of social workers and job placement coordinators.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a consistent and systematic method to serve LLC Candidates and Members using a customized menu of services through defined needs and actions.
- Manage the Continuum of Care programs and supports related projects, activities.
- Recruit partner affiliations and enter formal agreements as Residential and Non-residential partnerships with compatible educational, health and other community agencies, both private and public to support the pathways to continuum of care and services.
- Conduct quarterly reviews of partner alliances and Candidate Support Coordinators to assess effectiveness of partnerships. Intentional focus on sustainability of Candidates/Members resource relationships and ensuring they are treated with dignity and respect. Assess and monitor partner relationships to ensure they are vested, accept ownership, and share in recognition of the life changing outcomes.
- Implement and monitor Candidate Support Coordinator process to coincide and complement the Education Continuum.
- Assist in the recruitment and management of Bachelor’s and Master’s level social workers for effective cohort care alignment.
- Train and manage qualified and effective volunteers to serve as Candidate Support Coordinators.
- Assist President and Managing Director in budget drafting and review of line-item categories supporting Care Continuum.
- Other duties as assigned by Managing Director and/or President.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A deep passion for the philosophy, vision, and mission of Life Learning Center, and for service to the less hopeful.
- Business acumen with focus on setting strategy, relationship building, project management.
- Extensive knowledge and network in the local Northern KY region HIGHLY PREFERRED
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a leadership capacity.
- High energy and self-starter with clear ability to understand the big picture/strategy.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational abilities; results driven.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead and work with multi-functional teams.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends, as needed.