Manager IT Operations
Location:   Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
Salary:   $100,000-$120,000 based on experience
Our Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky client is a growing warehouse/distribution/ecommerce firm, $50M+ in revenue. Their team of over 100 employees sells and distributes a catalog of over 20K SKUs, as well as develops 400+ new products annually.
They are seeking a Manager of IT Operations to join their management team, reporting to the COO. The IT Manager will provide the technology vision and leadership for all technology initiatives across the company.
The IT Manager will work with members of the executive management team, department heads, consultants, and outside vendors to identify the technical needs of the company and develop/manage a strategic corporate wide IT plan. It is expected that the IT Manager will partner with all business functions to identify, assess, recommend, and optimize technologies to leverage solutions across business units. The IT Manager will also ensure accurate and relevant data capture, and efficient internal and external communication through the company ecommerce website. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader able to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies across the company.
The IT Manager will also be responsible for prioritizing, managing, delivering, and reporting on the progress of the IT initiatives. The IT Manager will serve as a project manager on all critical initiatives --- focused on software implementations and optimization, while keeping the infrastructure of all systems sound. They will also be responsible for developing the current and future IT staff. The IT Manager needs to have a strong team mentality and be willing to help with the day to day work of the group. This is a “working manager” role.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside of executive management in the development of the company’s strategic business plans and provide vision for how IT aligns and supports those plans.
- Direct the company’s strategic and tactical goals for IT including network infrastructure, software implementation, development & enhancements, database management, telecommunications, mobile technologies, storage and disaster recovery, security and privacy, and technical support.
- Ensure that key tools; ERP, WMS, Demand planning, CRM, Power BI and the ecommerce site are operating as effectively as possible in support of business needs.
- Lead and direct efforts for large scale projects.
- Integration of acquisitions to existing IT platforms when appropriate.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the efforts of IT staff towards the accomplishment of corporate initiates and strategies.
- Maintain current knowledge of technology developments and trends and implements changes as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with technology vendors, solution providers, consultants, and outsourcing firms.
- Serve as a vital business partner to all internal business units. Build strong relationships across the organization, particularly with key business unit and functional leaders, to gain buy-in and commitment for corporate and information technology initiatives.
- Utilize Microsoft proficiency in Office 365, Power BI, SQL, Flow, SharePoint, etc. to successfully propose and implement productivity recommendations .
- Direct and oversee the development of organizing, storing, and analyzing hardware/software strategic information and operational/production data for a data warehouse.
- Develop an IT department culture consistent with the corporate culture that attracts and retains high talent individuals.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or business.
- Minimum of 8-10 years IT management experience in medium sized companies.
- Experience developing strategic IT plans.
- Experience running large scale IT projects. Strong project management/PMO experience is a must!
- Experience attracting, managing, and developing IT staff.
- Management of standard applications; ERP, WMS, CRM –and integrations between tools. Experience with ecommerce strongly preferred.
- Experience with IT infrastructures, system backup and recovery, virtual servers, cloud storage, etc.
- Ability to identify and extract relevant, quality data for reporting and analysis.
- Experience with SharePoint/Microsoft Solutions and Business Intelligence development. Programming skills in SQL, .Net and related code---PREFERRED