IT Director -- Manufacturing / Epicor Environment
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a 75-year-old family-owned manufacturing company based in SW Ohio (Dayton/Cincinnati area). They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality capital equipment and systems. Our client is proud of their strong family culture and tenure of employment. They are considered an employer of choice because of their support of employees through their entire life including career, health and well-being.
They are seeking a Director of IT to join their management team, reporting to the President. The IT Director, managing a team of three and supporting 170 users, will provide the technology vision and leadership for all technology initiatives across the company.
The Director will work with members of the executive management group, department heads, consultants, and outside vendors to identify the technical needs of the company and develop a strategic corporate wide IT plan and corresponding budget. It is expected that the IT Director will become a partner to the business functions to identify, assess and recommend technologies to optimize business performance and leverage solutions across business units. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader able to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies across the company.
The IT Director will also be responsible for prioritizing, managing, delivering, and reporting on the progress of the IT initiatives. The IT Director will serve as a project manager on all critical initiatives --- focused on software upgrades and optimization, while keeping the infrastructure of all systems sound. They will also be responsible for developing the current and future IT staff. The IT Director needs to have a strong team mentality and be willing to help with the day to day work of the group. This is a “working manager” role.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside of executive management in the development of the company’s strategic business plans and provide vision for how IT aligns and supports those plans.
- Direct the company’s strategic and tactical goals for IT including network infrastructure, software implementation, development & enhancements, database management, telecommunications, mobile technologies, storage and disaster recovery, security and privacy, and technical support.
- Lead and direct efforts for large scale projects.
- Manage a multi-site environment covering three states.
- Maintain current knowledge of technology developments and trends and implements changes as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with technology vendors, solution providers, consultants, and outsourcing firms.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the efforts of IT staff towards the accomplishment of corporate initiates and strategies.
- Serve as a vital business partner to all internal business units. Build strong relationships across the organization, particularly with key business unit and functional leaders, to gain buy-in and commitment for corporate and information technology initiatives.
- Develop an IT department culture consistent with the corporate culture that attracts and retains high talent individuals.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or business preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years IT management experience in medium sized companies.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience running large scale IT projects. Strong project management/PMO experience is a must!
- Experience with Epicor EPR is REQUIRED—manufacturing functionality, customization, security set up, etc.
- Experience with systems implementations and upgrades (Epicor strongly preferred)
- Experience with AutoCad/AutoCad Vault.
- Experience with IT infrastructures: networks (client uses Microsoft) , system backup and recovery, virtual servers (VMware/VSphere Client) , phone systems (Cisco), SQL, etc.
- Ability to identify and extract relevant, quality data for reporting and analysis
- Experience attracting, managing, and developing IT staff.