Director of Administration
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
CLIENT SUMMARY: Our client is an innovative, privately held Midwestern company that has been providing facility services to corporate offices for more than 50 years. They exclusively focus on medical and Class A office space in both multi-tenanted and owner-occupied facilities. They are based in Erlanger, Kentucky and serve clients in four states.
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to be part of a leadership team aimed at taking the company to the next level?
- Are you passionate about the customer experience with demonstrated success in driving strategic vision, revenue growth and profitability?
- Are you and effective team leader who can manage and develop finance, human resources, warehouse, and administrative staff?
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Administration will be a “hands-on” executive who anticipates and meets organization needs with respect to all Finance, Human Resource, Field Support, Legal and Insurance matters. Based in the Northern Kentucky headquarters, this position will drive finance and strategic planning (analysis, reporting, transaction, and cash management). They will also lead and develop the HQ administrative and warehouse teams to provide first-class service to both internal and external customers. The Director will report directly to the President but will be a forward-thinking business partner and trusted advisor to entire senior leadership. They will have the collaborative nature, strong business acumen and the communication skills necessary to interface effectively with all levels of the organization, including ownership. A sense of humor, emotional maturity, and a positive demeanor will also be critical qualities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute directly to strategy and provide financial insight, guidance, direction, management, and recommendations to guide resource allocation and other strategic decisions
- Understand the business sufficiently to:
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers),
- Recommend present actions that will augment future financial results, and
- Recognize/ prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Assess financial risk / rewards of growth and other strategic initiatives
- Update, communicate and (as necessary) develop financial and operating metrics for use by field personnel
- Financial planning (budgeting and forecasting) and reporting process that is timely and accurate,
- A strong internal control environment
- Positive relations with financial service providers and other professional service vendors
- Drive financial literacy and sound, proactive decision making through the leadership team and help Operations identify countermeasures when financial challenges arise
- Understand general economic, business, and financial conditions and anticipate their impact on the company results and plans
- Oversee the Finance function:
- Financial statement preparation, planning (e.g., budgeting and cash flow forecasting), analysis (e.g., pricing and capex evaluation)
- Transaction execution (e.g., general ledger, vendor payment and customer billing)
- Maintain effective relationships with credit providers and the outside accounting firm
Human Resources and Administration
- Oversee the Human Resource function including payroll, compliance, recruiting and personnel administration
- Monitor national and/or industry trends in relevant areas such as labor law compliance and health insurance and evaluate impact to the organization
- Maintain effective insurance coverage and oversee disposition of claims
- Maintain, communicate and (as necessary) develop financial and human resource policies, including the creation of new employee manuals and policies
- Review customer contracts and coordinate with outside counsel to ensure all legal needs are met
- In partnership with Operations, develop and oversee inside customer service operations for clients
- Maintain and enhance the internal distribution and manufacturing of supplies, and repair of equipment for field locations
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of management experience with a focus on finance, with responsibility for HR and other administrative functions
- Able to demonstrate a history of process improvement, initiative, and leadership/mentorship of a team
- Experience working in a small, privately held or family business a plus
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree with a relevant Business major (Finance, Accounting, Organization Development, Operations)
- Evidence a work history that includes a combination of “hands-on,” managerial and leadership experience in functional areas compatible with the of the job responsibilities described above
OTHER COMMENTS: This is a key management role in a company that is experiencing meaningful growth. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for significant financial and professional advancement.