Director of Corporate Work Study Program
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   Base salary in the $75K - $90K range (based on experience) plus benefits.
- Are you passionate about empowering students to achieve a brighter future for themselves and their families?
- Do you enjoy and work successfully with people of different cultures and backgrounds?
- Are you an influencer with an established and engaged network of corporate and nonprofit leaders in this region?
- Are you ready to put your successful business development experience and strong business acumen to the test?
DePaul Cristo Rey High School in Cincinnati, Ohio is hiring a Director of Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). DePaul Cristo Rey High School students are employed by the affiliated CWSP, Inc. The CWSP is a subsidiary employment agency which trains students for entry-level employment and markets their services to local clients, enabling all students to earn most of the cost of their education through a job-sharing partnership with their classmates. CWSP participation is a critical component of every student’s education, a connection that is made explicit through curricular complements that bridge students’ corporate and classroom experiences. Through the CWSP, DePaul Cristo Rey High School students provide valued service to some of the most prestigious organizations in the Greater Cincinnati area, where they also find mentors and forge professional pathways to their future success.
About DePaul Cristo Rey High School:
DePaul Cristo Rey High School educates young people from various religious backgrounds and cultures to become men and women of knowledge, faith, purpose, and service. By offering a rigorous curriculum, a unique work-study experience, and the support of an inclusive school community, they prepare their students to succeed in college and beyond with the values essential to a fulfilling life. DePaul Cristo Rey High School is a member of the Cristo Rey Network, a national association of high schools that provides a quality, Catholic, college preparatory education to students from families with limited financial resources. Serving over 500 students each academic year, it is a school built upon a proven model of success.
The mission of DePaul Cristo Rey High School is to prepare and guide students to become high school and college graduates who flourish. Their Beliefs:
- Every student can succeed personally, academically, spiritually, and professionally.
- An inclusive, excellent, affordable Catholic education is a critical need in Cincinnati.
- Education is personally transformative and can impact each individual’s entire community.
- Faith is integral to each person’s life.
- By modeling integrity, faith, tenacity, and purpose, they can support their students in achieving their life goals.
- The students and adults of the DPCR community “dare to risk a caring response” as modeled by St. Vincent de Paul, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Director of CWSP leads all aspects of client acquisition and will have primary responsibility for identifying new client prospects and cultivating relationships with existing clients for service retention and growth. The Director will manage the client onboarding process, develop and execute sales tactics to secure new clients and renew existing ones, and develop business and civic relationships and network to achieve client sales goals. Reporting directly to the President/CEO of DePaul Cristo Rey High School, the Director of CWSP will serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and manage/lead a passionate CWSP team of six people.
- New partner acquisition and growth of existing partnerships
- Identification of new partner prospects through market research, leveraging existing partnerships, and building relationships with business and community stakeholders
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors for the CWSP, and in collaboration with the President and Committee Chair, lead the Jobs Committee
- Responsible for relationship management, along with the President/CEO and Board members, of C-Suite and other decision-makers, with current and prospective partners
- Ensure work study program services are provided at market rate and partner billing and payment processes are carried out in a timely and accurate manner in coordination with the business office
- Responsible for managing contracting process with new partners and renewing contracts with existing partners, as well as compiling requisite contact information, student job descriptions and other relevant partner data
- Accountable for meeting annual CWSP employment benchmarks and revenue goals
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Advancement and the Director of Marketing and Communications to coordinate a communications and event strategy targeting existing and prospective partners; collaborate to develop and update marketing collateral and maintain a high level of brand awareness
- Preparation of annual renewal package, including updated service prices, student performance data and other relevant information
- Conducts required semi-annual site visits to partners sites in coordination with CWSP staff, contributing to agenda development to highlight the impact of the work study program
- Collaborates with CWSP staff to manage primary databases including Salesforce and the Cross-Sell Database provided by the Cristo Rey Network, ensuring accurate and current information
- Supports engagement with the Cristo Rey Network, including participation at CWSP-specific gatherings and the annual meeting.
- Other strategic engagement projects as assigned
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in business administration, non-profit management or related field); Master’s degree preferred.
- Three - five years of management experience, including management and leadership of cross functional teams.
- Three - five years of non-profit leadership with fundraising and business development experience, including partner/client development.
- Experience serving as a senior leadership team member, contributing to high-level decision making, implementation and organizational strategic planning and team activities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the mission of DePaul Cristo Rey High School.
- Must be a person of strong, Christian faith.
- Completion of VIRTUS Child Protection Decree training
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including public relations and networking.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND CONTRIBUTIONS:
- A charismatic, persuasive communicator and relationship builder with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; exceptional organizational and management skills
- A desire to learn and be part of the unique Cristo Rey mission, recognizing the educational value and financial importance of the work study program
- Proven commitment and ability to serve and connect on a personal level with the diverse and dynamic students and families, faculty, staff and other stakeholders who comprise the DePaul Cristo Rey community; demonstrated commitment to Catholic, faith-based education
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively to problem solve in a rigorous workplace environment; history of success meeting sales and performance goals
- Working proficiency with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
- Likes to have fun (it is high school!)
- See the positive impact of your work on the lives of students and their families
- Have the best of both worlds – contribute to the best education and development of students AND implement business strategies that allow you to continue to build and cultivate business connections
- Work with an experienced, passionate executive leadership team and staff
- Be immersed in an environment of diverse cultures, beliefs, and life experiences every day