Director of Customer Service
Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Join an exciting company that is on the cutting edge of technology and on the front line of moving pharmaceuticals across the globe.
- Be a key leader over all aspects of customer success.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is on the front line of moving pharmaceuticals, including the Covid-19 vaccination, across the globe. Protecting vital life science products from temperature changes during transport can mean the difference between life and death and our client is the true partner in cold chain packaging. Our long-time client is an industry leader with innovative, best-in-class temperature-management packaging solutions offering the most reliable protection against temperature excursions. Headquartered in South Dayton, Ohio, our client is an entrepreneurial, high-growth market leader with international operations.
Our client’s global expanding organization is looking for a Director of Customer Service to lead their growing team. The successful candidate will focus on all aspects of customer satisfaction and care as well as the supervision of the customer service team. In this role, you will address all aspects of customer success including process, culture, people, technology, and appropriate metrics.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements global service/customer success strategy aligned with strategic goals of the business. Drives projects (staffing plan, process, reporting/metrics, and technology) to successfully implement the global service strategy.
- Be the trusted advisor to customers while partnering with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and key performance metrics and exceed those goals
- Identify and analyze process improvement ideas and assess the effectiveness of projects and service-related initiatives through targeted metrics
- Facilitate and drive a service culture to achieve growth and retention targets, improve service and customer satisfaction by establishing a learning culture across the department
- Lead and develop team by coaching, training, and providing feedback, to promote a culture of accountability professional development, high-performance and ethical behavior
- Working collaboratively with customers to enhance their overall experience and implement strategies to increase the quality of service to customers
- Manages the staff to resolve questions regarding open or closed sales orders and leasing agreements, chairs daily order fulfillment meeting.
- Liaison with manufacturing, engineering, shipping, accounting and customers on open orders, and assist in expediting orders to meet customer requirements.
- Review customer purchase orders against contracts or quotations for accuracy and completeness, accurately enter customer P.O.’s into the ERP system, generate and provide order confirmations, and track orders throughout the organization from open to close.
- Monitors staff to ensure quality responses to customer inquiries, insures proper escalation and communication process.
- Responds to all user questions and directs inquires/calls to technical support as required.
- Manages track leased and available units in field. Contact customers to arrange renewals or arrange for units to be inspected by Repair Stations.
- Reviews staff accuracy of invoices and order acknowledgements for customers, works with finance accounting to resolve discrepancies.
- Reviews Repair Station invoices for accuracy and determine responsibility for repairs based upon input from the technical support.
- Ensures staff is using the document control software to track leased units, maintain orders, and order acknowledgements.
- Update and maintain customer files in sales and business system.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in customer service or related field, with at least five (5) years of management experience
- Experience in supply chain, healthcare or distribution a plus
- Strong computer/technology skill set with Microsoft Office Suite and utilization of ERP system. Experience with CRM preferred.
- Strategic leader with demonstrated experience in building high performing teams.
- Ability to manage throughout the organizational structure and delegate effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and present comprehensive reports. Ability to have difficult conversations when warranted (internal and external)
- Strategic mindset with strong problem-solving skills, and a proven ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proven critical thinking skills with the ability to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action as it relates to the department’s strategy
- Strong business writing skills
- Analytical thinker with excellent quantitative and superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage up and down the ladder, both internally and externally