Director of Human Resources, Northern Kentucky
Location:   Cincinnati, OH/Northern Kenutcky
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you an HR Leader looking for an opportunity to join the leadership team of one of the area’s largest commercial real estate firms?
- Would you like to partner with business leaders every day to help grow the business and strengthen the organization?
- Are you looking for a place to help shape the culture and have personal responsibility for all aspects of HR?
Our client is a privately held real estate investment company with broad holdings throughout the United States. Currently the company controls over $1B in real estate investments located in 20 major markets throughout the United States. In addition, they own multiple other related entities and businesses.
Our client has an immediate need for a Director of HR to provide leadership and management of HR strategies within the company. The Director of HR will be a strategic partner to the management team and leaders throughout the organization and will align corporate business objectives with employees and management. Working at a fast pace, this leader will provide practical, creative, and flexible solutions to organizational opportunities supporting the business.
Reporting to the President, they will serve as a consultant to management on all HR related issues. This person will focus on the strategy and operational aspects of talent management/recruiting, employee relations and culture building, and organizational development and training. The expectation is that this person will bring new organizational ideas and approaches to business leaders and then operationalize them. This position currently has one direct report.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a business partner to the business leaders on Human Resource matters.
- Counsel and mentor employees within the firm on employee development, employee issues, and other related topics.
- Work with executive management to set long term staffing goals and strategies.
- Design, publish, and administer human resources policies and programs in collaboration with senior management.
- Along with some internal and external recruiting support, develop and execute successful talent acquisition and retention strategies.
- Proactively source candidates through Internet postings, professional associations, networking, print ads, university relations and more.
- Screen, interview, and recommend candidates to hiring managers. Oversee and make decisions and recommendations on pre-employment screening, application and employment paperwork, and initial communication/coordination with a new hire once an offer is accepted.
- Establish and implement effective onboarding and orientation processes.
- Develop and manage a college internship program.
- Promote innovative performance management models which address business objectives while attracting, retaining, motivating, and rewarding a high-performance workforce.
- Champion and facilitate coaching and performance success initiatives, including goal setting and feedback to enhance engagement and retention.
- Enhance employee relations and employee engagement through internal communications, community involvement and employment risk management.
Compensation and Benefits
- Analyze, present recommendations, and modify compensation, benefits and policies to monitor, create, execute and coordinate policies and programs to competitively attract and retain the best talent for the organization.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Work with Finance to optimize benefits coverage and costs by continual review and modification where appropriate.
Employee Relations and Culture Building
- Work closely with the CEO and leadership team to evaluate and develop the culture of the organization in order to engage employees and meet business objectives.
- Proactively monitor the work environment to address trends and areas of needed improvement.
- Serve as the HR ambassador for employees and represent their interests and concerns to the organization.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree preferably in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- Ten or more years of related, progressively responsible HR leadership experience, including significant experience working with senior management.
- Ability to serve as a senior advisor on human resources issues with a view toward reaching quick and practical decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and HR policies & practices including the ability to develop new or revise existing policies if needed to support the needs of the business.
- Recognized expertise in specific areas of talent attraction, development, coaching, retention and succession planning.
- Knowledge of the design and administration of compensation and benefits plans.
- Track record of success building a culture of engaged employees.
- Exhibit confidence with accountability for personal goals and performance.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills, both internally and externally.
- Expert communicator with solid verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Develop and coordinate internal messaging on key organizational issues or decisions.