Director of Human Resources
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Parsec is a family-owned business that has emerged as the leading provider of contracted terminal management services in the intermodal rail industry. Since 1949, they have built an integrated network consisting of the industry’s most qualified people, state-of-the-art equipment and comprehensive resources. With 2,500 employees, Parsec operates in over 30 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The Director of Human Resources reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and assumes responsibility for the oversight, leadership and direction of the Company’s HR function including talent acquisition/onboarding/management, benefits design and administration, labor and employee relations, leadership training and employment-related legal compliance. This person is a member of Parsec’s Leadership Team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a resource to the Chief Executive Officer and Company leadership on all human resources matters.
- Contribute to leadership efforts as requested by the CEO, including planning executive leadership meetings and participating in weekly leadership meetings.
- Provide advice and counsel to terminal and administrative management regarding all employee matters, including conducting complaint investigations, reviewing disciplinary actions, and providing coaching as needed.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the HR department including managing the corporate human resources team and overseeing terminal and administrative managers who execute human resources functions in the field.
- In partnership with the Company’s insurance broker, plan for and administer all insurance benefit plans and offerings.
- Provide sound leadership and advice on all labor relations matters including negotiations, grievances and contract compliance, including serving on the Company’s bargaining team.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local labor and employment laws and communicate changes in a timely manner to allow for needed systems changes.
- Manage all labor and employment claims and litigation.
- Work with the Risk Department to advise on workers’ comp and OSHA claims as needed.
- Review, revise and update staff handbooks to ensure compliance with law and the provision of competitive and relevant employee fringe benefit offerings; and
- Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty and integrity in all matters.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Management, or related field; SHRM-CP or PHR designation is a plus.
- Minimum of ten years of human resources leadership experience in a multi-state environment.
- Labor relations experience including grievance procedures and bargaining is required.
- Experience with human capital management systems such as Paycor or ADP.
- Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Up to 25% travel.